Tue, Oct 1, 9:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Opinion on an SF plant?

Erlik ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 4:48 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:32 PM

file_45012.jpg

A mutant from Plant Studio, which I remodelled, because the original was too blocky. Woody shown for scale.

-- erlik

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 4:52 PM

a good start. I think if you can texture the leaves differently, maybe smooth the mesh, you've got a winner. Also, if you can introduce some randomness, it would make it more alien. It's good enough to use, these are just my ideas..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Ornlu ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 5:30 PM

Even though it's scifi, leaves would never be positioned sideways. It's biologically unsound. Though it is a good start.

Erlik ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 6:04 PM

Well, Plant Studio positioned the leaves that way, and I thought it knew more than me. :-) But yeah, I thought about repositioning them. I also thought that the symmetry makes it more alien. The mesh is smoothed at the max. See Woody, who's not smoothed at all. BTW, .lwo apparently can be smoothed at 180 without bad results.

-- erlik

pmoores ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2003 at 7:05 PM

Xfrog can make some nice plants... and they dont have to be from earth either. Might want to give the demo a try.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.