Sat, Sep 21, 3:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Render quality with poser scenes

hillbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 5:38 AM ยท edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 6:56 AM

Attached Link: http://www.concrete-shell.co.uk

Hi there,

Newbie question I'm afraid. I'm in the process of moving from Bryce to Vue primarily because of the poser import. Imports work fine but I'm having real trouble achieving the same sort of render quality for closeups that I'm used to from poser.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or can I only really expect non-closeup renders from vue?

Any help appreciated!

Hillbill

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 5:44 AM

Hi Hillbill, If you post a Vue render of your image, we could help you much better in seeing what's wrong. :-)Guitta

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 6:07 AM

Yes, do what Guitta says, and by the way, your gallery is amazing. Sharen

hillbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 6:25 AM

file_45098.jpg

Having rendered both to the same size, I have to admit there is not such a big difference and I'm thinking what difference there is may just be related to the lights. Here is the poser image.

hillbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 6:27 AM

file_45099.jpg

And here's the vue image

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 6:51 AM

file_45100.jpg

I prefer your Vue image. Maybe the shados is to strong. You need to do something in Vue with the eyes (true for all Poser figures):

Clich the small icon at top. This opens the material summary. Then search for the eyes. Double-click each of these to open the material editor. Click HIGHLIGHTS tab and put the highlight to white and make it more or less shiny. You need to try what's best for your light.

Also click for each light you use at the shadow icon and bring shadow to a smaller valor.

BTW, if you want a totally black background (black-black atmosphere), open the atmosphere editor and bring haze and fog to 0.

Hope this helps.

:-)Guitta
guittalogo.GIF

YL ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 7:49 AM

Difficult to compare ! Light and picture size should be the same to have a better idea... ;=) Yves

hillbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 8:12 AM

Cheers - I think you've nailed it with the eye highlights. I'll have a play but am pretty sure I'm on the right road now! Thanks for your help. hb

dadamson ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 12:31 AM

Guitta!!! Thanks, I have been trying to make a totally black background for DAYS, literally! ALso, my Poser folks have not been right in Vue either, and I could not figure out what was wrong with them -- or me. LOL. Thanks for the pointers. And thanks, Hillbill for asking the question!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.