Wed, Sep 18, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:46 pm)

Subject: Grouping two figures in one

saheee74 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 2:21 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 1:28 PM

If I have two figures in my poser scene (p4 character and catsuit clothes)and i want them to be in one figure so how can i fix that ?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 2:23 AM

Not sure what you mean. When you conform the catsuit to the character you can MOVE them as one. Is that what you mean?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

saheee74 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 2:35 AM

Actualy what i mean is that when i creat my scene in poser4 and i have in the scene two figures and i want to add this to my new figures folder in poser4 it always add one of the figures not both .... either it add the character alone or the catsuit alone ... my question is if i want to add them both in one figure is it possible or not ??

Niles ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 2:42 AM

When you go to save it, after you name it, it should pop a new window: This figure is part of a multiple-figure grouping. do you want to save the whole group or just the individaul figure? ... you would then click on "Whole Group". Is that what you are trying to do?

Gini ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 2:45 AM

It is possible - when you hit the 'add to library button' an option to save just the 'single figure' or the 'whole group' should appear. You want to choose 'Whole Group' . I do this to save figures with wings,hair or other accessories that I don't want to have to add every time. Hope it helps.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

saheee74 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 2:45 AM

do u mean when i save the scene ??? no pop windows apeared when i saved my scene !!

saheee74 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 2:52 AM

i tried that also i add it to library but its not giving me the massage that u have mentioned " 'single figure' or the 'whole group' should appear " or any massage its adding the figures that is selected directly to the library >> so do i mess something ??? or do i have some problem with my poser softeware ???

Gini ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 2:52 AM

No -open you figures library on the side there and look down at the very bottom- you will see a '+' . this is the little button to hit when you are ready to save something from your main window as a new figure

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

saheee74 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 3:00 AM

yes i did that ( i opened my figures library and i press the " + " Botton but i also did not gave me the massage that there is two figures u want to add the whole figures or only single >>> so i am realy confused

Gini ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 3:06 AM

Well, first after you press the + you get a little window to give the new set a name, do that and click 'OK' and then the option to save as 'whole group' or 'individual comes up. Did you get the' name new set 'window when you clicked '+' ?

-Monty Python

saheee74 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 3:10 AM

yes i do get the pop windows "name new set" but after i give it a name no other pop windows show up >>>> the figure is added to the library directly and like all the time it`s just added one figure ?? !!! ??

saheee74 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 3:21 AM

is there something wrong with my poser version ???? i am using poser 4.0

Gini ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 3:24 AM

I don't know what else to tell you- in the P4 manual on p.34 it goes through the steps to save figures using the hierarchy editor to select exactly what you want to save in the library. Give that a try. Admittedly I'm using P4 with ProPack but I didn't think it made a difference in saving figures. I'm sure someone else with lots more knowledge than I will come along and have an answer for you. Sorry I couldn't help !

-Monty Python

saheee74 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 3:35 AM

at all i wana just to thanx all of u for replying me at the right time . and i am sorry for bothering thanx again

Gini ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 3:39 AM

Not a bother and hope you get it figured out !

-Monty Python

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:47 AM

file_45339.jpg

First, BEFORE you save, make sure you have the main figure (your P4 man, woman, whatever) selected. Then, click the + to add to library. After you do that, you will be asked to supply a name for your figure. After that, another dialog box will appear, asking if you want to save "Whole Group" or "Single Figure". Pick Whole Group, as indicated with the arrow in the attached pic.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 6:24 AM

file_45340.jpg

Yes, what SamTherapy said. Make sure you have the right figure and part selected. Also that all the stuff you want with the figure must be conformed an or parented to your figure. I just made a tutorial but I guess I was late. I'll just post the first pick. Hope this helps. Tashar 59

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 8:26 AM

YThere is a trick, though : if you want to be able to save 2 figures at the same time in the library by using the "whole group" option, they must be linked somewhat : one must be conformed or parented to the other. Otherwise, saving 1 figure in the libray will get you this figure alone when you call it back. Hope this helps. Compiler

Niles ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 8:40 AM

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but if you have not updated to Poser4.0.3, maybe you should. Just a thought.

ronstuff ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 8:44 AM

Right compiler, - cant save 2 figures together that are not related in some way - that is one of the differences between a cr2 (character-figure)and a pz3 (Poser scene) file. A cr2 file can contain multiple figures, but they must be "connected" by being either conformed to or parented to the fighre being saved.

Patricia ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 11:14 AM

Thank you! Can't claim to be a newbie anymore, but I couldn't figure out why that 'save group' option only came up sometimes and not always, either.... Half the time, when I read a thread hoping to help someone, I end up learning something myself ;)

ronstuff ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 11:31 AM

LOL Patricia, we're in the same boat along with a lot of other people! I think Poser has so many unique "quirks" that NOBODY could possibly know them all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.