Fri, Oct 4, 4:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: rougher model for poser figures

pc_artist ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2000 at 7:39 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:20 PM

hi all I would like to know if it posable - ;-) - possible to create a poser figure but with a less smoother, as in facets. Ie: more flat sharper edgers like a person was made of crystal, glass but not smoothed down.

==================================

" The Only Limit is your imagination "

3DMark ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2000 at 8:35 PM

Sure, I can take one and reduce the face-count in Truespace, or I can crank up Poser 1 or 2 and fire off one of the old models. 3DMark http://www2.arkansas.net/~msellers/index.htm

bonestructure ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2000 at 8:38 PM

Oh god, mark, don't give him a poser 1 figure. I'm sure he at least wants it to look human lol

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Foxhollow ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2000 at 9:32 PM

or render in another 3D program where you can control smoothing.. neat trick, Allie.. hehe

davo ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2000 at 12:47 AM

can you set the view type to be the facetted one and render? (haven't tried, don't know if it will work) davo

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2000 at 5:55 PM

Choose the figure preview style of flat planes and export the un-rendered preview as your image. Setting the skin color to white or light gray and using unsharp mask in your paint/photo program after exagerates the facet effect. If you want to combine with smooth figures export this preview, then render and export again, composit the two images by layering the smooth over the facet and erasing to reveal the faceted figure. Has worked for me.

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2000 at 5:58 PM

You can anti-alias (from the Render Menu) the unrendered preview before exporting it as an image.

pc_artist ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2000 at 7:42 PM

Thank you all for advice and suggestions

" The Only Limit is your imagination "

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.