Fri, Oct 25, 3:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: hello everybody

MarcusExe ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 10:32 AM ยท edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 3:24 PM

Attached Link: http://www.nablasoft.com/mgfx/_varie/Pure-sea.jpg

Please forgive my bad english, I'm not american, nor english or australian ;) I wanted ask opinion of everybody if this photo could enter the contest or not (check also the present entries). Thank you in advance, Marco

JordyArt ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 2:54 PM

Oh, gawd, not MORE bloody foreigners....... lol only joking, Welcome Marco. (Italian?) I'd say this slips into the category; it's blue with blue; but if your entering to win, it may be passed in favour of an item on the same coloured background.... nice pic, btw, lovely texture on the water.... I don't like lens flares, but hey, that's just my personal taste!!! Hope you have fun here! (",)

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:09 PM

Hi Marco, personally I like the photo. The one problem, if there is a problem, is that you photo might be passed over for another photo which MORE of the same color in it. Personally I'm not sure how to fix it to avoid that problem. As I recall this is a contest which was also ran within the last year. The winner as I recall is Misha338 who won with a picture of white eggs within a white bowel. You might want to search for misha and look for the tittle of eggs. OR see if the contest archives. Good luck. Bsteph

starshuffler ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:29 PM

Hello Marco and welcome to the forum! :-) Here's what I think: Your photo is really nice, and will have fitted in the monthly challenge. However, the white strip of clouds steals a lot of attention from the water. The objective of this challenge is to take something (any object) and shoot it against a similarly colored background to show subtle differences in hue and how appropriate lighting can make things look more interesting despite the lack of a wide color range. If it were a blue ball floating in the water for example, that, in my opinion would be a more acceptable entry. The sky and the water make excellent backgrounds. Feel free to play around with your entry, there are unlimited posibilities (within this given limitation of course hehehe...) Have fun with this months challenge, and we hope to see more of your work here! :-) (*

MarcusExe ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 7:33 PM

Thanks everybody for comments, I stood all day out and at last I found another interesting subject. I submitted it and I hope Michelle will not be so hard this time when judging :| What? Link to the picture? Naah, you'll see it if it enters the contest ;) P.S.: JordyArt yes I'm from Italy, but I don't feel italian, I have NO-THING to do with that population... I transferred and now living in Tenerife :)

JordyArt ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 3:24 AM

Oh, they kicked you out then? rofl...... I try to feel Italian as often as possible, but the owner of the pizza shop says if I go near his daughter once more....... tch. I think I'm gonna feel Chinese instead.... (",)

starshuffler ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 4:21 AM

Kewl entry, Marco! :-D You live near the sea? envy (*

MarcusExe ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 3:43 PM

Yes near the sea :D And I had to fight for it, but now I live in Tenerife, a fantastic island in the Canarias archipelagus (gus? lol). Fantastic clima, fantastic weather, sea and after 30 kilometers mountain! The 3700 meters tall Teide volcan! Great for panoramic photos! Hordy they didn't kicked me, I ESCAPED because the country is going into a big crush, economical, philosophical, political, climatic... sad, but true. Good country for tourism, not for living. But I'm going a bit too much OT for this forum! ;)

randyrives ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:02 PM

Welcome Marcus!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.