Thu, Oct 3, 12:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: PPP Blank Library Names

_dodger ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:18 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 8:10 PM

file_45416.jpg

Is there some effed up issue with PPP that makes library file names (poses, in this case) show up with blank names and only a thumbnail? Got this issue back from my tester... the library entry names are 'MAT Combat Subdued' and 'MAT Combat Subdued PPP' there are several more that did this, too. If so, why doesnt'anybody tell me these things!

_dodger ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:26 PM

file_45417.jpg

As you can see, it works in my vanilla P4.0.3

_dodger ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:30 PM

BTW, as a note, I don't have the PPP MAT poses in that library, that's why there's two of most everything in the tester's screenshot but only one in mine)

_dodger ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:33 PM

file_45418.jpg

I've circled this to show better...

_dodger ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:34 PM

file_45419.jpg

Here's what's missing. As to the name in the menu,that's even worse. It's just 'JICC3000 1'

zukeprime ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:37 PM

hhmmmm dodger. Same thing happens to me. Also, the file name of the PZ3 you're working on doesn't show up either.

Petunia ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:40 PM

There is a limit on how many letters a file can be named in PPP as oposed to the straight poser 4. I have no idea what the CL "programmers" were thinking when did hacked PPP together, but then, I don't think they did things by a plan of being consistant.

_dodger ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:47 PM

So, does anyone know my exact character number limits? If I have to rename these things to something nonsensical I'd like to eke out every last byte I can.

_dodger ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 5:48 PM

Actually -- I can just put the filename in the PNG rsr itself for the library issue... But I have to keep the figure name apparently shorter than 'JICC3000 1' sigh

lalverson ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 6:04 PM

Yep some figures do this shorten the name, definatly for the mac users which need under 16 characters. so I'm told since I'm on a PC. Might I suggest JIC3K01, which is what I would name it.

_dodger ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 6:17 PM

Well, the 1 is just the figure name, though I could probably go with JICC3K 1 or even maybe just JICC 1. Mac filename size limit is actually 32, with a 64 character path length limit.

_dodger ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 6:17 PM

Err, not name, ID. Like 'Figure 1'.

bwldrd ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 7:07 PM
Online Now!

Had this problem with pp sr2, sr3 seemed to correct it. Though sr3 gives me dial problems with some models..e.g. Vicky changing ponytail & expansion.. all the morph dials show all the time instead of just after geometry swap.. still not figured out why.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

_dodger ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 10:20 AM

Okay. For the figure name, I'll just have to shorten it. For the others, I'll have to put the readable name on the thumbnail.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.