Fri, Sep 20, 7:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:17 pm)

Subject: It's probably so easy ...but I give up!

amethyss ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 2:42 AM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 12:21 AM

I cannot figure out how to export a figure I make in Poser4 to a wavefront object and put into Bryce 5 with the colours of originality.They alwasy turn out grey or pale pink.Sometimes the hair or lips may come out but body is grey.Lost

Painting: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic_____website

phoenixblue ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 4:58 AM

Why don't you do the contrary then? Import your ready made and rendered Bryce outdoor scene into Poser, as a background, or projecting it onto Nerd3d's background tool. There are other background tools available in the marketplace too, I think. Nerd's tool comes with light setups. Anyway, just a thought ...

Skygirl ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 5:27 AM

If Bryce dont read the textures when you import the Poser-files you have to load the textures into Bryce via the material-editor in Bryce.

rjghise ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:49 AM

Try here: http://www.petersharpe.com/Tutorials.htm Hope that helps.

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 6:51 AM

There are also freeware programs, such as Grouper and Metal Fixer that will take the .mtl file that should be with your .obj export and convert it into a format that Bryce will play with. You may still need to do some tweaking of things like transparencies, but they are a timesaver! Not to mention your sanity and follicle count.......

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 7:48 AM

I had the same problem, with the washed out colors and someone told me to turn off the Gamma Control in Bryce. That worked for me. It really brightened up everything. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.