Mon, Sep 9, 5:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: mikona character for victoria 2 and poser 5

kkndmaster ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 9:28 PM ยท edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 6:02 PM

alright I got the mikona indian chracter for victoria 2, and well I am messing around with it and I can't seem to get it to work correctly because always sometimes only the head has a proper texture after render, and the eyebrows and lips look messed up, and basically I need a step by step guide for dummies on how to apply everything perfectly. And also are there any hair props that are appropriate for the mikona character? thanks in advance...

mickmca ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 7:10 AM

I don't have Mikona, but DAZ textures usually come with MAT files that apply the materials automatically. Check the DAZ Readme, if any, for instructions. Look in your Poses folder for a "MAT..." something or "Mikona" folder. Applying materials by hand is a PIB, in P4 or P5. If there isn't a MAT file, then you probably have a head texture and a body texture, and you can apply them by hand in P5. Here's how: Apply the head texture file to SkinHead, and then select all the nodes (a Node option, top of palette) and apply to all materials (another Node option). This is a variation of a quick trick in P4. Most of the materials are on the head, so using the Apply to All saves a bit of time. Now you can go back and change the handful of non-head textures. Apply the body texture to SkinBody, then Select All to copy the nodes (Node Options again), and then select each body material and copy the body nodes to it. (Copy. Where? You guessed it.) There may be a better way, but I can't find it. If you're lucky, those MAT files, which are poses that just change MATerials and material settings, are out there. Oh, and Vairesh has a nice two-braid Indian 'do called Awinita at the PoserPros store. I have it, and use it, and it looks good--simple but Ok. Mick

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.