Tue, Oct 1, 9:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Want To Learn SoftImage XSI? Just download it!

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 4:22 PM ยท edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.softimage.com/products/exp/v3/

SoftImage XSI vers. 3 is now available for free download a the link. Just click to find out more!

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 4:24 PM

Oops! I meant version 3 of Softimage XSI Exp. :)Sorry to get your hopes up there. It's baiscally like Maya PLE but no watermarks.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 8:19 AM

Correction, there does seem to be a small watermark. My bad.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 2:15 PM

well what is it then, teyon?..;) How small? Well, never turn down free software..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 5:31 PM

Small in the sense that it fits neatly in the lower corner of a render. however, I've also noted that the renders are small. About 320x240 . It may be possible to achieve other sizes but I can't use the program myself due to OS restrictions (I use Win98).

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2003 at 10:35 PM

just flippin ya stuff, Teyon..you didn't seem so sure after all the posts..;) looks like animation software. Who knows..maybe when I get still pictures down, I can try animating them...thanks for the link.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 7:05 PM

I got the cd set for the xsi experience a few months back. Came with some video introductory tut stuff. Was free just for writing and asking. Needs 1280x1024 resolution or it won't load and run. Definite learing curve, but I'm playing with it more than the PLE thingie. Seems like a heck of a package.

Valandar ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 10:30 AM

Is there a limit to render sizes? Can it import/export usable formats? Never mind, I'm downloading it as we speak. ^_^

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Blursurge ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 4:48 PM

Not to change the subject,but azactully how long does it take,(over a duration of time)to learn xsi,maya or max,..Im talking about modeling and animation only,not materials or any of that other stuff.

ficticious ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 4:57 PM

umm, check the FAQ of the software. It says it leaves watermarks in the viewports and in renders, is limited in reolution, exports only scene files and cant be read by the normal XSI version. It's demoware without a timelimit orsave disabling..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.