Sun, Sep 22, 5:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Textures

maga ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2000 at 3:02 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 5:25 AM

Maybe it's a silly question, but your help is needed! I downoloaded some pretty textures. They are photos of grass textures etc, I downloaded by right-clicking on the image and saving image as....The format is jpg. I've tried applying these materials but they don't seem to work, expecially on infinite planes. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance

Glengarry ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2000 at 6:51 AM

I think you'd need to convert them to 'BMP' ( that's what I do any way ) and push up the bar that makes the picture repeat ( might be called 'frequency' ). I'm using B2, so this may be differant for you. Glengarry

clay ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2000 at 7:19 AM

The best way to apply .jpg, .bmp .pic or .tif is to set the texture to parametric in the mat lab , then in the options for mapping set it to symmetric tiling. Then adjust the scale of the image according to your objects scale. If the image is not perfectly seemless you will see seams in it, then you would need to adjust that out in Photoshop or painter etc.If you have anymore questions feel free to e-mail me at clayhagebusch@hotmail.com :-)

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2000 at 7:12 PM

Hi Maga, make sure you activate it's alpha channel in the picture editor too. Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

maga ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2000 at 3:07 AM

Thanks everybody, I'm going to try your suggestions and let you know

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.