Fri, Oct 25, 5:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Barbbican

patmartj ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 12:53 PM ยท edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 5:38 PM

file_46025.jpg

I cropped the top of this one, should I have cropped more?

insaneheadcase ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 1:04 PM

Well what did the whole image look like before you cropped? And do you want to emphazise just the building and the boats or do you like the way it looks with the other stuff in the background? I really like the blue boat in the foreground and the building with the red adds a great touch. Not sure if you should crop more or not, I really think thats a matter of personal taste.

Caledonia ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 1:13 PM

I think I would have cropped less as the steeple in the background kinda echos the lines on the boat or at least it would if it were all there.

MarcusExe ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 1:26 PM

First of all I'd make the photo vertical ;) it's not straight, rotate it counterclockwise by around 1 degree and half, I think and it's done. Because I see that the subjects here are the blue boat and the red windows on the house I'd crop on the height of the beige building that stands right behind the one with the red windows.

DHolman ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 1:46 PM

Tough call on the crop. Cropping more on the top would put more emphasis on the boat on the left and give you a more horizontal composition. But I think for it to really clean your background up a bit(if that's what you're trying to do), you'd end up clipping the mast thingie (oh yea, I'm real nautical). Try a couple different croppings, save them under different names and then look at them and see what you think. Could help more if, like Insane asks, you can let us know what is it you are trying to emphasize? Marcus - I don't see what's not straight in this one. Most lines look to be parallel to the sides. A few are slightly off, but I think that's more a matter of "boats in the water" and "older waterfront buildings" than the whole shot being off. -=>Donald

PhrankPower ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 2:00 PM

Post the original. Ditto on Marcus' comment on the slight rotation.

patmartj ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 2:09 PM

file_46029.jpg

Original. Thanks for all the help everyone

ficticious ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2003 at 7:27 PM

file_46030.jpg

I've been fascinated with patterns and such lately, better get some film soon or I'm gonna blow! Anyways, this one specific area caught my interest in wondering what it would look like with a humongous zoom lens on the camera... it's the area in the middle of the stone buildings on the mid-right area of the non-cropped image. Made me think of puzzles and whatnot. as for the final output, I dig it. I'd say perhaps a little more crop on top, mainly cause of the building that's partially being cut off. My eyes would rather there be no area of sky as opposed to what there is. good stuff.

patmartj ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 4:35 AM

That is really neat, thanks again to everyone will post the cropped image to gallery now. Pat

JordyArt ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 6:52 AM

For my half penneth, I'd have stepped back 5 feet and included the top of the spire.... Actually, I dunno if there would be too much 'blankness' contrasting with the intense detail.... hmmm... nope, after thinking, I'd probably photoshop the spire out completely....... (",)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.