Fri, Sep 20, 5:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara wish list.

CFid ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 2:09 PM · edited Wed, 17 July 2024 at 7:47 PM

Sequencer: To grab and drag directly inside the kf window, not have to use only the time bar. Scrolling sideways is uncontrollably lively. Zoom should be activated by the Z key, and zoom directly to area clicked on. Make tweener icons larger. Too hard to see. Allow a command key click to move the playback's beginning and end markers on the time bar. Convert a range of kfs from Bezier to any other type. Repeat needs fixing. Others: Dbl clicking on an object should bring up its motion transform dialog. When selecting another object, the prop dialog should stay where you had it, not switch to General. When you switch view modes the new view should retain the same zoom as the previous one. Window modes/zoom aren't saved for next launch. Invisible object names aren't greyed in Properties

bluetone ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2003 at 2:28 AM

Lets add: a SIMPLE way to render out in a multi-pass mode. Effects seperate from geometry, seperate from reflections, seperate from shadows, etc, etc, etc. a SIMPLE wa to "un-invisible all" at render time. The "Show in 3D view" doesn't hold if you go in and out of a group, or change views, or close and re-open the program!? a SIMPLE way to change an attribute to all similar items. Some other programs create instances as TRUE instances. If I dupe a light, C calls it an instance. BUT, if I change it's settings, then each one is different. In 3DMax, for instance, (no pun intended ;>) if you dupe, it asks if you want an instance or a clone. An instance references back to ALL copies for settings. A clone allows for each to have individual settings.

FWTempest ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 11:37 PM

I just wish I could afford to upgrade from C1.1 to C2 ;)

CFid ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 10:37 AM

There is the permanent black marker upgrade. Alter the 1.1 to 2.1 on the manual cover - gives you bones and everything. But a new 2.1 manual costs $150 US.

neoklassik ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 12:16 AM

My top 5 so far... pretty simple..nothing new.. 1.) Keyboard Nudge 2.) Rounding/Chamfer etc.. edges 3.) Ability to bring in pics to trace from in all axis. 4.) Symetrical modeling In vertex..a la Project Gemini 5.) The ability to "lock" nodes/points... yet still keep them visible, similar to Illustrators lock points. I like hide but this would be extremely useful also.

CFid ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 8:03 PM

All great.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.