Fri, Oct 25, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: like the tin man, I have no heart

jacoggins ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 9:41 AM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 5:36 PM

file_46175.jpg

haven't really done anything with brushes, so with a tip of the cap to antoonio (sp?) and others, I've been playing this morning. The statue was shot at a crafts fair here in Nashville last summer. I didn't have a clue what to do with him till I started reading the photshop 6 bible and thought I would experiment a little. any tips or suggestions would be appreciated from those with experience with brushes and abstract thinking....

MarcusExe ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 11:16 AM

OK, but tell us your objective...

JordyArt ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 12:57 PM

No way, man!! It's our secret and that's how it's staying..... Seriously though, IM me your email address and I'll ship something over to ya - I'd post it here but it might turn out a bit long..... if it turns out ok I might be pursuaded to turn it into a tut.... (",)

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 6:17 PM

Ohhh. Oxymandias! Look upon me and dispair. Bsteph

jacoggins ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 8:30 PM

Oxy who?

starshuffler ( ) posted Sun, 16 February 2003 at 4:42 AM

Ozymandias? That character from Alan Moore's The Watchmen? (Love that comic book.) I like the angle of the shot, Jack. Sure brought out the textures. The background is also interesting, but IMHO, it's competing with the subjects already-kewl texture. (*

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Sun, 16 February 2003 at 5:07 AM

Oh the watchmen. I really have to buy or read the complete collection some day. BUT actually I was thinking of the poem by Shelly, Ozymandias Percy Bysshe Shelley I met a traveller from an antique land Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone Stand in the desert... Near them, on the sand, Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown, And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command, Tell that its sculptor well those passions read Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things, The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed: And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair! Nothing beside reamins. Round the decay Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare The lone and level sands stretch far away

jacoggins ( ) posted Sun, 16 February 2003 at 9:52 AM

bsteph, this is a neat poem, I am unfamiliar with it, although it sparked an idea for an image using the stone man image (actually another pic I have of him). Hmmm now I need to get somebackground pics suitable for it....BTW, my favorite poem is "Jabberwocky", t'was brillig in the slithey toves and all that.... star, the background was originally a tent, people walking by, craft fair kinda stuff, wanted the figure on something different so played with brushes, this is what happened...

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 7:03 AM

Freaky stuff! And very well done....Hehe! I like jabberwocky too!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Misha883 ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 7:55 PM

Thanks, bsteph, for helping to raise the literacy level of this Forum. [Though I'd also like to see some pics from the comic book...] Good comparison with this photo.

JordyArt ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 4:34 AM

Aaahhh... poetry.... culture..... allow me; Jack and Jill went up the hill For a little Hanky-Panky. But silly Jill forgot her pill And now there's little Frankie.... Georgie Peorgie pudding and pie, Kissed the girls and made them cry, And when the boys came out to play, He kissed them too - he's funny that way. Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair Said Simple Simon to the pieman "What have you got there" Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Pies you stupid git......" he he he - there, culture with the touch of downtrodden masses. (",)

jacoggins ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 3:32 PM

Jordy, thank you for the intellectual stimulation...I think....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.