Sun, Oct 6, 10:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Face Room & Judy - success at last?

elgyfu ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 7:20 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:16 AM

file_46458.jpg

OK, I have spent so long tweaking this. Here is Judy with a face room texture and morph. The only postwork to the figure is a little blending on the neckline and a brief de-smudge of her ear. I would appreciate any comments - does she look human? Realistic even? Thanks.

chanson ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 7:35 AM

This is realy pretty good. People have complained about the max texture size (which I agree is small for closeup work), but at this relatively close distance, she really looks pretty good!

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 7:56 AM

Definately an improvement over the default Judy, nice work! Looks very realistic.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 9:01 AM

Very good job, impressive. Marque

TygerCub ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 9:11 AM

Well done. If you hadn't said it was Judy, I would have guessed Vicky with custom morphs and texture.

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 9:59 AM

Very good... You must have a great deal of patience!! LOL! ready to duck not taking from the quality of the work you have done here... I thought CL had solved the glowing nostril problem! ducks H:)

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 10:21 AM

Exelent. I like the faceroom possibilities. Unfortunately it only works with the P5 faces. Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

wdupre ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 10:45 AM

Hogwarden, the glowing nostril thing still occurs occasionally when you use shadowmaped lights, if you use ratraced shadows you don't get it. Nice work elgyfu. though I'd get rid of that dark area on the jaw, in front of the ear

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 11:17 AM

She looks very realistic; congratulations! I might recommend a little more "shine" to the eyes - Poser eyes are so hard to do, though, that it may just not be worth it. :) April Follies

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 11:42 AM

The eyes are the only thing detracting from the reality of the image but apart from that this is a truely stunning, realistic, portrait. Catlin

Dizzie ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 12:02 PM

I think she looks pretty good, but the purple under her eyes and then the green under the purple looks like she is healing up from bruises...I would also take out the green across the top of the forehead and below the mouth...

wdupre ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 12:05 PM

If you throw an ansotropic shader on the Eyeball material reflection color, you'll get some nice highlights in the eyes, giving them more life.

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 12:46 PM

Very nice job..... I like the imperfections of the face....most of us have them! :) It adds to her realisticness. Did you change the iris dilation settings when you did this? If so, changing back to the default settings may make for a more realistic eye. I increased dialation once, without realizing and got the same look in the eyes. That was on a Michael figure though....have not worked much with P5 figures.

leather-guy ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 1:56 PM
Online Now!

I think it looks wonderfully realistic. I much prefer characters with realistic flaws than the plastic gloss so many show. (This face would have been perfect for the Valentine's pic I posted over the weekend - Used the same hair, too! ;-)) Looks like the face of someone I'd enjoy meeting....

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 2:16 PM

The word I was looking for earlier was character and that's what you've caught perfectly she has the look of someone who has lived and experienced and the coloration shows this.

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 2:31 PM

Amen!

elgyfu ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 2:54 PM

Thank you all. Actually the texture is a photo of myself - thank you leather-guy! I used the default eyes and wish I hadn't - they are dead arent' they. I am working on some of my own now! Thank you all for your comments, I am relieved to know that I have a 'character' face - I think. As I said, this did not have much postwork and due to lighting differences in the two photos etc it did need more colour balancing. Thanks again for your opinions, I am very new to this and appreciate your help.

Sue88 ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 7:04 PM

You did a wonderful job! I agree, she has real character. She doesn't look like Judy at all, she looks like a real person. I love her face!

fls13 ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 7:30 PM

Nice job. It can be done!

marco-xxx ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 8:37 AM

Geat work, elgyfu. A question: how do have you matched the head and the body textures? This is the serious trouble I found using face room.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.