Fri, Oct 25, 3:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Window to the Soul

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 6:12 PM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 3:27 PM

file_46745.jpg

Singular for obvious reasons. I would like opinions on this one if you would be so kind. My wife's eye. Shot this in the bathroom to get multiple light reflections. Enhanced the iris colors and desaturated the rest. Magick Michael

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 6:37 PM

Overall I like it very much! I love her eye color.....I'm jealous! Anyway getting back to the pic...IMHO I think the highlight might be a bit to bright I can tell they're bathroom lights....(I have the same ones in a bathroom here) and it's a bit of a distraction, my eye keeps going right to that...... again just my personal opinion...like I said before I do like it!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

MarcusExe ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 7:05 PM

The photo is well realized but in my opinion it doesn't reflect the title... To make a window to soul maybe you had to produce a coloured skin, white eye and try to make the inner part "empty"... More, the lights reflecting on the eye cut completely the "window" effect...

MarcusExe ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 7:16 PM

file_46746.jpg

To be more clear of what I mean ;)

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 7:33 PM

You people and your milky colored yeyes are scarry. Have you tried to get a closer picture of the eye? I think a picture of a giant IRIS would be really cool. Bsteph

phopreulimm ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 9:52 PM

file_46747.jpg

is that big enough for ya?

MarcusExe ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 9:58 PM

BSteph my macro comes only up to that... after that it's not getting on focus... You can find picture of iris of any resolution watching the 3d section, I think ;D PhoPreu... it looks that your camera has exactly the same limits of mine LOL

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 12:46 AM

you guys are scaring me!- maybe if you just change the title zhounder to 'fixture reflection' or something like that...i like the lights & colored iris within the B&W, ecspecially after seeing the others...

patmartj ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 3:20 AM

Yes, I'm with cynlee on this, very effective with the coloured iris in the B&W.

MarcusExe ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 3:37 AM

Yes, but doesn't reflect the title ;)

zhounder ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 7:36 AM

I am surrprised no one noticed how I have the lights trailing into the pupil, As if it were leading you into the eye. AN effect caught with the camera I might add, not with photoshop. This is what I thought the title reflects. However, changing isn't too difficult.

MarcusExe ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 9:29 AM

I noticed, I noticed :D But I don't like that anyway :( Come on... it's only my taste... ;) ANYWAY, you did what you wanted with that raw of lights and this mean that you KNOW HOW TO!

starshuffler ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 12:42 PM

Awww don't listen to them. LOL... I like the shot, Michael. :-) (the others are creeping me out heh heh... has any of you ever seen Ringu? [The Ring, Jap version]) (*

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 12:51 PM

i noticed too! & like how it leads one to the pupil but you can still tell it's a bathroom mirror fixture :) still think it's an A-1 shot too! (sorry star, haven't seen Ringu, creepy too?)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 1:39 PM

Yep Michael....the other pics are just kind of weird...the eye that Marcus posted has no pupil....eeekkk..... and the other has pink eye....lol!

--- michelleamarante.com

starshuffler ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 1:43 PM

@ cynlee -- Scariest movie I've seen ever. No kidding. (it's actually a trilogy, Ring 1, 2 and 0) (*

MarcusExe ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 2:16 PM

Hey Michelle but that's MY view of a door to the soul... admit that it has DEEPNESS... and the pupil is there, maybe you have the monitor a bit too much dark ;) (the eye was much lighter, I added the dark blue of the door later with PhotoShop)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 3:14 PM

Ahhh...Marcus....lighten up....I just playing around! :~) But I think my monitor may be a bit dark even though I re-calibrated it just a week ago...I don't see the door in your image.

--- michelleamarante.com

JordyArt ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 4:40 PM

Eye like Michaels original. So there. (",)

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 5:03 PM

I liked the lights personally. I just like bigger eyes. and yeah the picture Phopreulimm posted is more of what I was thinking of. I tried to make one last night BUT my camera batteries were apparently tired. Bsteph

Misha883 ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2003 at 8:34 PM

...body parts! Always fascinating. If nothing else, could sell them as textures over in the Poser store.

Lapis ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2003 at 12:29 AM

Micheal's leaves me with a cool feeling. The iris colour is quite unique and brought out by the B&W effect on the face. Might be interesting to play with som shadowing on the face as well. Not sure yet about the title. I like the shot.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.