Fri, Sep 20, 12:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Spam Trap in Free Stuff (also posted as warning in Poser forum)

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 9:15 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:46 PM

A free "V3" texture leads to www.tryton3d.de, and on the link "download high res tex", you are led to http://www.wunschkinder.net/index.html Err, WTF? This is the scond time the member has done that. In fairness, it may be the conditions of his free hosting, but the guy needs to get a new host if this is the case. (my German is mostly Swiss dialect and very rusty, so I don't believe I can get the point across. If there are any German speakers about, please get hold of this gent and let him know.) /P

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 9:24 AM

Thanks, will have a look.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 9:35 PM

Was the latest Tryton freestuff item (High Res Bathroom) also a spam link like High Res Vickie? I don't want to click on his stuff again to find out (fool me twice, shame on me).

dewo ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 11:31 PM

Yes it was. Yery annoying.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2003 at 4:41 AM

I've send him an IM about that but until I know for sure I would not think he did it on purpose.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2003 at 4:43 AM

Files were deleted. Thanks for pointing it up.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2003 at 11:04 AM

I noticed the High Res Bathroom link was back up. I guess this means that it's not a spam link anymore, since he wouldn't be allowed to replace a deleted link with the same spam link.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2003 at 11:14 AM

It's working now, just tested it.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.