Fri, Oct 4, 10:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:35 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: General comments, and a challenge

winslow ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2000 at 1:01 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 8:30 PM

Not having been a member for very long, I'm pleasantly surprised by the general camaraderie of the group. And this Challenge Arena is a terrific idea! It allows people to apply their talents to other, perhaps unthought of, avenues of expression. I have no doubt that anyone getting involved in a triad challenge ends up learning something new. This Arena is to everyone's benefit. In that spirit, I offer a challenge to Styxx! I've perused your postings gallery and am impressed by what I've seen. I do, however, notice one subject not represented. I propose that you create an image, using whatever 3d modelling and rendering media that are at your disposal, of an original "fuzzy animal" cartoon character in the Science Fiction genre. The figure and any props must be entirely your own work, but they can be textured in any 3d application. I hope this doesn't sound too unreasonable. I believe, based on your submitted efforts, that you are up to the challenge. The gauntlet is down. I now await the challenge of whomever you invite to complete the triangle.

Delrino ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2000 at 3:06 AM

smiles a little funny furry character..sounds good to me.. hey styxx, i'm curios what you'll come up with! :o) Delrino

Styxx ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2000 at 12:15 AM

A fuzzy animal character eh? sounds like fun :) This is my first challenge and to be honest, I am a little (if you'll pardon the pun) fuzzy on this triangle thing.. Please enlighten me :) you can email me if you like at grafix3d@home.com I happily accept your challange :)

winslow ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2000 at 9:21 AM

As I understand it, one person challenges a a member to do an image, the second person challenges a third (not necessarily the same challenge), who then challenges the first again, completing the triangle.

Styxx ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2000 at 7:45 PM

quick question Winslow, can I use a poser figure as the base for the fuzzy character?

winslow ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2000 at 7:51 PM

sure! I don't see why not :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.