Fri, Sep 20, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How do I do this

ericthegreat83 ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 9:07 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:42 AM

I am trying to put rendered 3d poser images into photoshop 7 but I can't open them I spend 4 hours on one and when I rendered it I wanted to do some postwork in photoshop7 and lost it it won't let me open it in photoshop How or what am I doing wrong.

kruzr ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 10:19 PM

I don't own, nor have I ever used any poser software, but in any of the 3D rendering software that I do use, I always save my final rendered image as a .bmp file. That way I know that I can always load it into PhotoShop without any problems. I don't know if this will help you or not, but I'm sure someone with poser software will give you a more accurate answer. Good luck . . . Mark.

ficticious ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 10:22 PM

render and save as a tif with or without an alpha channel. If it doesnt work, one of the two programs is messed up. reinstall and try again.

ericthegreat83 ( ) posted Sun, 16 February 2003 at 1:06 PM

Thanks for your help

TheJoker101 ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 3:10 PM

If i can remember correctly (it's been a little while) you have to either export it or use the "save as" method and save it as an extension that photoshop can read.

ladynimue ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 5:59 PM

This is a One Step at a time Guide to help you out Eric :)
In Poser:
Click File
Click Export
Click Image
(a Save As Window will open)

In the Save As Box:
Find the folder you wish your image file to be saved to

In the File Name Box
enter a name for your file

In the "Save As Type Box":
scroll down and click on
Tiff (.*TIF)

As a safety feature, Before you close out Poser,
Save your Poser .pz3 file

Do that by clicking on File
Click Save As
(a Save Document As Window will open)
name your file and click save.

That way you can always come back to the Poser file later if you need to make changes.

Once you have saved your .pz3 file,
Close Poser and Open Photoshop

Open the file as you would any Image file.
Ta Da.
You should be all set :)

ladynimue

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.