Wed, Oct 9, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 10:52 pm)

Subject: phobia

Max2100 ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 5:42 AM ยท edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 2:53 PM

i discovered vue d'esprit gallery when i won Vue4 from an image contest. I was a poser purist but i can't put a distance from Vue now. But i can't put an image rendered in vue without people from poser. Can you understand me. Is it philosofical or there is someone with the same thinking i have? this is no for improvment, only a discussion about. Excuse my bad english.

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 6:04 AM

very philosofical, but understandable as well. What you should keep in mind is, that Vue is more or less a renderer - with some extras (terrains, booleans,vegetation). For most of the images you can see in the Vue gallery other - supporting -.programs have been necessary. Poser, XFrog, TrueSpace, Amapi, etc, etc. And Photoshop for post work. What i think most people do is to post an image in the gallery where mostly the image impression comes from. If most of the work is done with Poser, it goes into the Poser gallery, if Vue adds value to the image it goes to the Vue gallery. Sometimes people pose it in both galleries because even they can't decide where to go to. Hope that helps, Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Djeser ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 10:04 AM

Since I primarily use Vue, and use Poser to add characters to my Vue image, I usually post in the Vue gallery. I find it difficult to do scenes and especially lighting in Poser.

Sgiathalaich

runwolf13 ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 11:06 AM

The lighting in Poser is a major problem. That's why I'm trying so hard to figure out the poser to vue transfer. Unfortunately I've had to step away from Vue for a while and finish up some non-3d related projects. I'll be back though!

Max2100 ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 11:46 AM

i think the lights are problematic in Vue also, a real light effect is hard everywhere, but i agree with you, there are not so many problems in vue than in poser.

YL ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 12:18 PM

there is a light tutorial for Vue (FAQ above then tutorials) ;=) Yves

Max2100 ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 1:57 PM

yes :), lights tutorials are great to improve the tecnical procedures. In fact are useful for real "know how" about things to do and thing that should have not to do. The simple alpha planes are a nice "escamotage" to work with lights. For my fun I prefer also try and re-try again until effect is like i want to be.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.