Sat, Sep 21, 11:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Free model this week our Chandilier....

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 6:46 AM · edited Tue, 03 October 2023 at 7:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.sams3d.com

file_47346.jpg

Now this model is different, it is a .3ds file with materials assigned but not applied. When we created this it, the size as an object file made it 10 mb. We thought that was just to big for a prop, so we changed it to a smaller file and that is a .3ds so it can be used easily. You can apply your materials to it as an .3ds file easier, cause like I said it does have materials assigned to it. Hope you like it and can use it. Sharen http://www.sams3d.com PS: we got us an ice storm here today....very slippery.

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 7:00 AM

Looks great Sharen and will go perfectly in your nice house:-) No storm here, but we had an earthquake saturday evening power 5 all over France and parts of Luxembourg and Germany. 5 seconds only, not much damage and fortunately no victims. At home we just feeled it because our plants and glasses started to tremble a bit. Guitta

Jilly ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 7:06 AM

Lovely model Sharen, thank you. Glad you didn't suffer any fatalities from the earthquake Guitta, is it me or are they getting more frequent? We actually had earth tremours in England last year, unheard of!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 7:08 AM

Wow, Guitta, glad to hear you are alright, you don't get earthquakes regularly do you? We actually had one last year it was small but shook our home, I was taking a nap and wammo, it woke me up.....not good to wake me from a nap...LOL...glad you are okay. Sharen

Irish ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 7:19 AM

What a simply gorgeous chandelier!! Thanks Sharen and Mike...will look so lovely in the Plantation House. We're having the same winter storm only now it is blowing snow over the frozen rainwater...I am sick of winter!! :) Irene

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 7:25 AM

The last earthquaque in our region was 10 years ago Sharen. I think they will become more frequent in Europe as well as the bad weather with flood and storm. Storm is quite frequent here in summer. M ust be el nino that comes to us:-(. Guitta

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 7:38 AM

Irene and Guitta, stay safe and warm, Irene you must be close to us to be getting that huh...are you near upstate NY? It is really ice out there, at least an 1 inch on the trees, hope none of them fall, it is windy now too....yes, we need some spring...Sharen

YL ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 11:16 AM

Great model !

nick1 ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2003 at 11:20 PM

I have already done this few times, but never hurts to be careful. Can someone explains briefly and remind me please how to put the above mentioned object into the object folder after unzipping it? I know I can go back to the manual again, but a bit tired now. Thanks much, Nick

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 5:27 AM

Basically you can just load the 3ds into a scene, then go to Objects and at the bottom, click save object, find the folder in Vue's directory Objects and then click save...then it is there. Sharen

nick1 ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 8:21 PM

Thanks so much Sharen, I will try it. Nick

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.