Fri, Sep 20, 11:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: vote on wether breasts are better on collar or chest

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2003 at 9:26 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 6:26 AM

I need a vote on whether you think that it is more realistic with the breasts part of the collar or chest. As some of you know its up for debate alot of people liked posettes breasts attached to the chests joint for more realism. Some of you liked the breasts attached to the collar joint. Im creating a new figure for the community and i would like to know what people think is the best joint to group the breasts to. Please respond as: Collar or Chest You can add why you think so too but please keep it brief I need all the help i can get to make the community the best possible figure.

The Art Door and Rendervisions Community.
For Artists By Artists

shogakusha ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2003 at 9:36 PM

Collar please.

tasquah ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2003 at 9:44 PM

Collar

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2003 at 9:45 PM

Prolly the collar... and here's why: Look at how the pectoral muscles behave... they move in more direct proportion to their respective collar than the chest itself. Standing in front of a mirror bare-chested, you can see that your left nipple and breast/pec moves in dynamic concert with the left collarbone/shoulder joint... now try and make it move via the chest, aside from the not-so-dynamic in/out of breathing. You can make 'em move through the lateral or forward movement of the rib cage, but twisting the chest doesn't produce near as much range of motion as moving the collar does. Just my humble opinion :) /P

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2003 at 9:55 PM

I figured on the collar myself because i know my breasts move more when i raise my arms up ect. However for a figure I was not quite sure what the best method would be so far it seems that most agree on the collar.

For Artists By Artists

Helen ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2003 at 10:37 PM

Have one on the chest and one on the collar ;) <----Joke Collar is my vote. Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2003 at 10:47 PM

(With that title, a dozen off-color jokes are running through my head.) V's collar seems much easier to keep natural looking than was Posette's.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2003 at 11:37 PM

collar

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2003 at 11:56 PM

Collar

brycetech ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 12:41 AM

kinda like 'em where they are dontja think a woman would look silly with 'em up around her neck? lol sorry, but you KNEW someone had to say that based on the string title :P BT

sandoppe ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 2:09 AM

ROFL brycetech! :) Turtleneck sweaters would look pretty weird too!! :)

hpdrag ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 2:30 AM

i add a third choice: breasts as body-parts, connected to chest, but also with morphs influenced by the collar-poses

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 3:15 AM

Collar, I don't need to say more, Penguinisto explained my reasons quite well. Tashar 59

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 3:46 AM

..Collar...preferable on the front..(unless you do alot of slow danceing) SWAMP

trelihan ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 4:58 AM

Collar

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 5:31 AM

Collar... but allow mesh to smooth down to flat "no breasts" or male pectoral for versatility. And allow Areolla howerver thats spelled to dial up and down likewise. Off topic... I missed the last thread :) Re. the map... the one map concern I think was people thinking matching head to body color and setting mat for all head elements to bod map a pain one map for all but specil details such as eayes and laskes would be good. My pet peeve is matching and scalling the seam of the head back to head front... I would rather the head pealed off in a single piece with seperate ears. Also please allow muscle definition and facial base characteristics to dial to a smooth undistinguished starting point to build characters from... with all existing figures you are fighting the personality built into the figure for those who are going to use it unmodified. Thank You.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 5:43 AM

I once went out with a gal who had her breasts on her back. She looked a little strange but she was great fun to dance with :)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 5:58 AM

I saw on nterview Germain Greer where she was asked if she was against breast augmentation surgery... she said she was just against the sociatal trend of de-gentalizing woman and didn't get the sense woman were putting these breasts on for them selves, otherwise why not have them put on in multiple here and there and all over the place... if you wanted to more power to you... great big ones. My attitude about big tits is like my attitude about "power heels" I'll believe they're empowering when I see the CEOs of Fortune 500s and the Joint Chiefs of Staff wearing them.

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 6:14 AM

Well momodot...former FBI director,J.Edgar Hoover used to wear them.. SWAMP

JohnRender ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 8:05 AM

{breasts as body-parts} Excellent idea. Then, we can put breasts all over the body. Heck, if 2 on the chest is good, then 2 more on the arms and 2 on the legs and a few on the head is even better!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 8:19 AM

Any woman with 50 breasts deserves a pedestal to herself. ;^) The statue is very interesting as an example of problem-solving while maintaining an aesthetic. Breasts as body parts would allow cat-women and other anthromorphs to have the proper number and placement of mammaries. Creating Sphinxes, Harpies, and other fantasy creatures would be easier. Having worn both corset and bra, the breasts move more naturally when they are supported/attached to the collar. This does NOT mean that they should be up under the jawline! Carolly

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 9:31 AM

haha Where did 50 breasts on all body parts come from? -Giggle-

For Artists By Artists

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 9:51 AM

I'd love to see them as seperate from both, with their own bone structure hanging off of the collar bones. That way they'd be much easier to pose. True, a breast moves with the collar and chest, but sometimes they seem to have a life of their own. A friend of mine complains that hers have even developed seperate personalities. One seems to love jogging, the other fights it every time.

tasquah ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 10:20 AM

LoL thanks Lady Cherry for starting such a fun thread.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 10:53 AM

Chest please. The idea is simple. You can export the chest, take it to "something" else(3d app), morph it, save it and bring it back to poser with a better control on the symetry. Also, it is rather usefull this way to create clothes, like tops and bra's wtih this exported group. Personally, I'd go for the chest. I'v regrouped the P2 woman and Judy this way too, and am rather pleased with the result. Those whom are "spoiled" LOL with the V"s will opt for the collars, the others that use Posette and frinds will prefer Chest. Also ceep in mind that only a small portion of the Poser users come regulary to the forums, and most of the outside users "play" with Posette and Judy. More important, as regrouping is not all that hard, is reality. Don't make balloons. Don't point them skywards (as most do). Take a good look around and look where they would be on the real woman. Imagine their position with and without a bra. I would opt for rather small breasts to begin with. It is easier to enlarge them than it is to reduce them. A long replay but I hope it was worth it. Greetings, Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 11:00 AM

Update : still on the chest but, for the up and down movement with the collars you can experiment wth the joint editor zones of the collars to get them going (walking, moving, you know what I mean). Good luck, Tony

AKA1 ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 11:27 AM

You tell'em PHIl

Norbert ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 12:11 PM

I like em' attached to my hands. This reminds me of an old joke: Him: "Sheesh Mavis, yer flat as a board!" Her: "Harry, get off of my back."

Mason ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 12:28 PM

Well why not make them seperate jointed parts off the chest? They move independantly anyway. Attaching them to the collar isn't that much more sensible than attaching them to the chest. But if they were seperate parts off the chest then they could move and scale independantly.

sandoppe ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 2:11 PM

.....old people's are closer to their stomach....actually! :)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 4:10 PM

"...Turtleneck sweaters would look pretty weird too!! :) " Wouldn't those be "Titlenecks"? 8 ) Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 4:19 PM

You may all make a big Joke out of this but.... You could also show some respect for the person and the question. At last, someone is asking us how we prefer our models. Blow this once, and you will not get a second chance. You all blew CL out of this forum, Then Anton, please don't let me stop you now Just some thoughts I would like to give you before I go to sleep. Its way past midnight here.

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 4:19 PM

heyas; this is an interesting question. the breasts were moved to the collars to make their mesh a parent of the shoulders, and thus the pectoral movement could be achieved (theoretically) by moving the shoulders. (the collar, of course, was introduced to allow people to shrug.) the breasts-in-the-collars deal works a lot better than the buttocks-out-of-the-hip deal, but it is still an open question whether it is better than having them in the chest. i'd advise against separate body parts. if the breasts were children of the chest, then neither the collars NOR the shoulders could affect them. you'd end up with a pretty huge, obvious dead zone there on the front of the chest. what would be better would be to leave the breasts on the collars/chest, and give them control handles to pose them. the control handles would be children of the collars/chest, and able to affect the breast mesh area, while leaving that mesh area still affectable by the arms. for morphing, it is better to have the breasts in the chest. for joints, it is probably better not to. oh heck, just stick a big boob on where her head would be. or, why not just skip the entire rest of the body altogether and just have one giant posable boob? now that would make some people very happy.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 5:15 PM

"...You all blew CL out of this forum," S'cuse me. I didn't blow Anton out of anywhere. Perhaps you should lighten up. y'no if a thread goes south with flames it's a bad thing, but to have some lighthearted play in a thread is bad also. Some folks just can not be pleased I s'pose. Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

brycetech ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 5:42 PM

some people are just too uptight. sigh

sandoppe ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 7:34 PM

I don't recall Lady Cherry being upset about the good natured joking and I believe she was the one who started the thread. I'm sure if she was offended she would have said so....in fact I think I heard her "giggle" not too many responses ago :) As for CL....they "blew themselves" out of this forum and most of our shopping carts by their bad business practices. The Anton thread involved one or two people as I recall....hardly representative of the entire community. I suspect most everyone appreciates being asked what they want. I for one, wouldn't know the first thing about modeling a breast, a chest or a collar....so I'm not much help I'm afraid :) Sometimes, after collecting a variety of opinions, the modelers just have to do what makes sense to them. Frankly if CL had done what made sense and not tried to be all things to all people, P5 might be a raging success! :) Lady Cherry you put those boobs where ever you want to girl!

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 10:11 PM

I vote to have one on each collar and one on her back; You know, for slow dancing! ;p oops, did I just blow it?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.