Fri, Sep 20, 4:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Please give feedback on this

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 3:12 AM ยท edited Sun, 19 November 2023 at 11:35 PM

file_47996.jpg

A generous Vue user could make available images and also bark textures for tropical trees to Vue users. The question is now: Are you interested in such images? and what kind especially? Could somebody host a great number of such images? We cannot do it anymore here at Renderosity.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 3:13 AM

file_47997.jpg

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 4:00 AM

Well sure ya great but you have to make them seamless to be of much good now don't you? Like don't get me wrong it's great idea but making seamless images is time consuming. Now If I wanted such images there is mllions of places on the web already to get raw pictures to make seamless for rendering. Seamless is where the work is. Making seamless images requires almost 100% no compressed jpg or bmp originals or they become impossible to make seamless also they got to be huge to start with 1600 X 1200 is a nice size cause after you make them seamless they may only be 300 X 300 depending how much you got to chop off. They also have to be in perfect focus. That first one is not.

I have no space so maybe I should not even post here. Thing is you almost have to think in your head before the click what is this image going to become when it's seamless. Like you got to plan 90 degrees flat images as big as possible subjects fllling up as much of the image as possible.

Like that tree bark there is not enough left there to make seamless.
Other than that you could use them for alpha plains I guess I'm always thinking 360 degrees so that can't work like the way I'm thinking but you guys always are chopping off the sides of your images so I guess it could work not seamless for backgrounds then.

Space is the problem though. That's the new problem of this century. We got Nepster to thank for that. Bandwith charges.

Good originals are always in demand the trick is to know how to sort out the duds so they do not get uploaded wasting valuable space and bandwith. Like no use uploading that bark cause there is not enough of it there to be of any use and the first one is out of focus or over compressed. You weed those out and that maybe cuts it down to 10% usable excellent images. Like you got to ask yourself is this image worth working on for 2 hours to try to make seamless? How many of thses flowers do you think people need 1 or 10? One is enough if it's the best one to make seamless. Variety is more important than quantity cause seamless is so time consuming. The other thing is if you had say two plants like that there on different pictures and you make them both seamless they will look almost the same after they're seamless even though they may be two completly different plants.

Like you have to get good at weeding out the bloat and just post what is going to be usefull.

I already did this with somebody elses collection here a bit ago rocks and barks. I made them seamless. It was a lot of work but they were good images to start with. There is a link around here somewhere it was on the palm tree bark thread. But if you go look there the originals and mine are both there and you can see how much smaller some became and what could not be made seamless. I can tell in a second just by looking at a image if it will be a usefull texture after it's made seamless cause I've made 1000's of seamless images already.

My 2 cents.

spnnrmn ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2003 at 7:48 AM

Hi, If I can add my 2 cents, X-Frog users could use immages like these. And no need to be seamless. Close ups of the flowers is what would be nice. Regards, Philip

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.