Wed, Oct 9, 6:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 10:52 pm)

Subject: i've left poser gallery for vue gallery

Max2100 ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 6:09 AM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 6:27 PM

I'm sick about poser gallery. If you put nipples and ass you can have about 1000 vision and 7 comments with 5 minutes of work. If you work hard but there is no woman naked inside maybe you can have 25-50 vision and if you're lucky 1 comment. Now i've decided (i render more in Vue than in Poser) to put my work in Vue gallery. I've seen the major part of comments, all for improvment, more specific, more people who work hard and who see the other hard work. My english is terrible, isn't it?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 7:10 AM

No, not bad at all, am going to your gallery now to take a peek. Glad to have you here. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 7:10 AM

Okay, I couldn't find your gallery....did you just start it? Sharen

Max2100 ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 7:42 AM

i cancelled all my pic (all poser pic). Tabula rasa, starting again from blanc screen. (i've posted more than 100 pics in gallery from one years ago and yesterday)

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 10:10 AM

Welcome to the Forum by the way :)

Jilly ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 4:56 PM

Welcome

Djeser ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 11:34 PM

Welcome to Vue forum and gallery! A lot of us use Poser + Vue, and I post most of those here in this gallery since the majority of the work is usually Vue. Everyone here is very helpful and kind, I think you will enjoy it here.

Sgiathalaich

Max2100 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 1:43 AM

thank you all. After all this is the best welcome i ever have received. And now.. at work.

YL ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 4:46 AM

Welcome !!! Interesting situation . You point out the problem of gallery, number of viewing, number of posts... There are so many post at renderosity that you can have beautiful art work (especially in 2D gallery) which have only a few hits, and real s... pictures which have tenth of viewings. Maybe we could suggest a system of rating based on ratio (numb of view/numb of comment) to evaluate the quality of an art work, it could be better than number of viewers only ;=) Yves

Max2100 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 5:27 AM

more of us aren't professional designer, fews yes. I'm a disegner, i'm not real interested rating, viewing etc etc.. but quality of work. Few comments, no problem. I.Q. level is dropped by grown of persons involved. But when i see a pair of beautiful nipples and 10.000 viewings & 100 comments and, on the other hand, one beautiful panorama of lakes, trees and plants only with 15 viewings and no one comment i fall into rage. Like werewolf fury.

YL ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 12:46 PM

Should be very interesting to rate quality : but how to proceed ? ;=) Yves

Max2100 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 1:22 PM

Proceed? In nowhere!

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 1:51 PM

I am not sure that kind of ratio would really reflect quality. Just have a look at the most viewed and most commented images in the galleries, and take the most viewed AND commented images. They will NOT necessarily be images of quality. They will be only popular images that generated comments. Look around you - 'quality' is rarely synonym of 'popularity'. That is why you will have dumb movies at the box office very popular while movies with artistic content are left in small theatres. I am afraid there is no solution to that problem. I prefer to look at the content of the comments rather than the numbers. They usually reflect the quality of an image (even if it is more difficult to measure).

Max2100 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 2:30 PM

I agree. From now i will watch only the images that reflecs artistic concept. Maybe it will be a nude or artistic paesage, i don't mind. There is no solution to the problem like say agiel, upon here. So keep your mind clear. If an image doesn't like to you don't put it, try retry. It is no question of skill in Vue, poser or others programs, only question of patience and application. Ciao.

Djeser ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 11:16 PM

I like the Vue gallery (and Bryce gallery too) because you get such a variety of images. To me the Poser gallery is often dreamy soft portraits....which are ok, but after the 500th one, I like to see something different. I have seen some stunning stuff in the Poser gallery, but since the bulk of most of my images is done in Vue, I post here. Naked people don't bother me, but sometimes it's kind of gratuitous and boring, whereas in Vue, you have some folks working on their landscapes, some on cityscapes, abstracts, space scenes, all different kinds of stuff, which I find most interesting. As far as art...we all like different styles and images. People viewing and commenting or not doesn't bother me, because the largest majority of folks posting images at Renderosity are hobbyists/amateurs, and to me the whole idea is to have fun at it!

Sgiathalaich

Max2100 ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 1:46 AM

Djeser has a clear mind. You're right. ... "and to me the whole idea is to have fun at it!" Yes, nothing else. Fun!

YL ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 5:30 AM

agree with the fun we must have : if we are bored when doing pictures, sohuld be better to stop this hobby ;=) Fun ! Fun ! Fun !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.