Fri, Sep 20, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: General Clean-up on the site

tammymc ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 3:51 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:18 AM
Site Admin

We will be working throughout the site to standardize fonts and update pages. There will be no real change in content that anyone needs to updated on .... just cleaning. :) thanks tammy

Taura Noxx ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 4:02 PM

cool sounds like you guys are doing a real big spring clean and renovation around here. Good to see. Nice changes so far. Thank you tammy and team :)

dewo ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 11:35 PM

Well, looks like it's that time of the year. Just make sure you use a rather mild detergent when polishing off these hard disks, and: Hey!!! - Don't you spill that dirty cleaning water all over me, will you!!!

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 9:50 AM
Site Admin

yeah, i had to mop aisle 54 because i split the dirty water. was using the blow dryer on some of the images in the galleries.... sorry about that. :) it's well past due for spring cleaning... like about 3 years, but then again whose counting. should have the clean-up complete by the end of this week. thanks tammy

ladynimue ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 11:04 AM

Hey Tammy, when you are done with the site can you send Tommy over to my house to help me clean up the Hard Drive on my computer? Oh and while he is here, does he do windows???? ;] Excellent job on all the Great changes! ladynimue

tutone1234 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 12:11 PM

The only windows I do is Microsoft!! :)

ladynimue ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 12:13 PM

OK, I take that as a Yes??? My MS windows are Always in need of a good cleaning ;] Eagerly awaiting your arrival. ladynimue

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 1:42 PM

Please hurry with the fonts, I can hardly read the site now; it looks like everything is in bold. Changing my system font doesn't fix it.

tutone1234 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 1:45 PM

What pages are you referring to PilotHigh?

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 2:58 PM

so far today I've only been to the forums. Every title, sub-title and link are so bold I can hardly read them. It was fine yesterday morning. I haven't changed my (mac) system.

tutone1234 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 3:09 PM

We haven't made any modifications to the forum layout or anything else to do with them since November of last year. That is the last time the "messages.ez" template was modified - so I'm not sure of the cause of your problem. We have received no problem reports from anyone else either. Are you using Internet Explorer or Netscape? Tommy

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 3:45 PM

I'm using the latest IE 5.1.6 for Mac and haven't changed that. I can't figure out what happed either. Oh well...

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 3:48 PM

I just realized that it's not only in the forums. It is affecting all the fonts on this site, every page.

tutone1234 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 3:50 PM

Have you surfed any other sites to see if there is a similar occurence?

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 3:59 PM

Yes I did and they seemed OK at the time. I just checked again and it's getting worse. I think I might have a corrupted font or something. Sorry for the alarm (gulp).

tutone1234 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 4:02 PM

Not a problem - hope you get it worked out easily.

artistheat ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 3:31 PM

Is all this cleaning what causing the gallery to slow down..It take any where from 11 to 16 sec for a pic to pop up and that's on cable?....The forum is running a little slower also but not as slow as the galleries...I have a vaccum you can use if that will help:)

Kiera ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 11:06 AM

As a side note, you guys would do well to remind people about the customization options. Various forums, merchants, image uploaders, etc, will make a table, change the background color and not bother to change the foreground color. Black text (I have my preferences set to black text against a white background) looks horrible on navy blue or deep purple or black.

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 12:30 PM
Site Admin

Thanks Kiera, we are discussing the member customize color feature. It has been a difficult area for us since members sometimes change the colors that blend and never see things that are really there. We are talking about this and whether we we really should continue providing this feature or not. artistheat - We kept over 2000 members online all day. We think this slowed us down. We will be observing our servers over the next week to see if it is on our side. thanks tammy

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 12:32 PM

The problem is that white on a black background is very hard on the eyes. It may look stylish and all that but it vibrates like mad. If you go to one color for all, I wish it would be something not so uncomfortable to read.

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 2:26 PM
Site Admin

We will consider all of this. :)

artistheat ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 3:31 PM

Thanks for the info Tammy:)

Taura Noxx ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 4:23 PM

Black background with light grey text. Not pure white text because that can be hard to read too. If find the black/light grey a perfect combination. I find if the contrast is too high it is difficult to read, like dialyn said, it jumps around too much. Maybe have just afew option in colour scheme, and not change colours on individual things. Like have a normal scheme, blue scheme, high contrast scheme (for those hard of sight), whatever sheme.. that way you know all the text will be readable. :)

Kiera ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 11:04 AM

Well, if worse came to worse I could always override the site colors with a stylesheet.

Renderosity's default colors are very jarring to me. Images do look best against black or grey, but I have never seen a book with black pages. ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.