Fri, Oct 25, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Olympus vs. Minolta?!

jyriviuhko ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 1:25 AM ยท edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 9:23 AM

I've been thinking about investing in a new digital camera.. and have been looking at the Olympus Camedia E20 and the Minolta Dimage Hi7... Is there any one out there who can speak on the behalf of these cameras? Any comments at all would be of great help.. I've been runnig a Nikon D1 that my company bought 3 years ago...

Mike_Panic ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 2:12 AM

Attached Link: iPhotoForum.com

ive known people who used the e-10 and 7i, both the older of those 2 models u listed.... the owner of the e-10 sold hers, she luved the camera but found it too big and bulky to carry around w/ her all the time, which was the reason she bought a digi in the first place, so she wouldnt always have to carry a 35mm slr w/ her they guy i know w/ the 7i luvs it to death and swears by the manual focus ring on it... my 2 cents, buy a canon d30 (used) or the new eos 10d - its a tad more money but a LOT more camera

jyriviuhko ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 2:50 AM

I don't think that buying a new system is the best for me... I allready use the Nikon system and have looked at the FUJI Finepix S2 Pro... But yes... that would be a lot more camera...

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 6:00 AM

I have the Minolta D7....if I were looking to upgrade it would be the Minolta DHi7. I've used the camera almost solidly for about 1 1/2 years. Most of the images in my gallery are from the D7, unless otherwised noted. It's more like an SLR camera than any other digital out there. And yes it has a manual focusing ring. The auto focus while ok, has it's limitations on any digital camera. I have found that my images using the manual focus are pin sharp.....I no longer use the auto-focus. Don't know much about the Olympus, as I've been so happy with the Minolta that I haven't felt the need to cheat on my love. :~)

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Trinitonesounds ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2003 at 12:00 PM

Attached Link: http://dpreview.com

The best digital review site I've found is Digital Photography Review. They have both your cameras listed. Check them out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.