Fri, Sep 20, 10:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser Light Studio betatesters wanted!

postapulcino ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 10:32 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:28 AM

file_49699.jpg

The Poser Light Studio is ready ! This is the user interface. And here's a quick summary of the features:
  • you can design your own "sphere" of lights with:

• a number of Horizontal Arcs

• a number of Vertical Arcs

• the coordinates of the center

• the distance (radius) from the center

• the start and end angle for the horizontal arcs

• the start and end angle for the vertical arcs

• each light is mapped to the sphere, but you can also "move" (dragging) every single light to position it manually

• You can "revert the normals" of the lights, to let them point outside the sphere (creating glows of light)

• You can set every poser light's dial such as Shadow strenght, Map size, intensity

• You can individually select one light and set its particolar values without changing the other

• You can create "cluster" of lights for every light in the scene, deciding the number of lights for the cluster and the radius

• You can set automatically the lights colors using a background image

• Poser Light Studio saves the results as a Poser light set, ready to be rendered inside Poser!

Now, I'm looking for two or three betatesters. To become a betatester, you should post some image referencing your rendering skills (!). Before this weekend, I will decide for betatesters and send them the Beta Version.

Bye.

Postapulcino

Stormrage ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 10:35 AM

I'd love to beta test it.. my images are in my gallery but.. i think you should test different systems to make sure it works on all of them rather than just a few who can render well. XP doesn't work like windows 95 for instance. Looks good though

postapulcino ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 10:35 AM

file_49700.jpg

this are three rendering examples with (my) Veronica (a morph from DAZ Victoria) and some default settings of Light Studio. I'm a programmer, and a beginner with poser, please, don't be so critical... (This is why I need betatesters...)

Of course, STORM, you will receive your FREE copy!

postapulcino ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 10:38 AM

file_49701.jpg

This is a second example. It's the same posing and the same sphere, changing only one dial (the intensity). I really need betatesters !!!

bye.

Postapulcino.

STORM3 ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 10:59 AM

This is utterly amazing Postapulcino.
You appear to have done it!!!!!!

"Of course, STORM, you will receive your FREE copy!"
Again thank you very much for your generosity. I would have been first in the que to buy this. ;0)

Your renders above create a superb approximation of real studio lighting. I can't wait to try this.

Best Wishes
STORM

STORM3 ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 11:02 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Just clicking the nudity tab for you. Someone might otherwise complain.

evilded777 ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 11:04 AM

I would love to beta this... I can take of the "foolish noob" element since I am still one of those, but I love to play with the lights. best, e.d.

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 11:04 AM

Nice lighting, posted nudity warning don't want you to get in trouble :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 11:05 AM

Can I test????

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

compiler ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 11:54 AM

Just a question : will this little marvel work with Poser 5 ?

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 12:03 PM

I don't have much in my gallery worth looking at but I'm a compulsive tinkerer, so if you want someone who'll press every button at least twice to see what happens I'm here :) I have Poser4/5 & a pretty hefty PC to play on :)

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 12:21 PM

I'm up for the challenge as well...Pro Pack, WinXP Pro, 512MB.

el_jefe52 ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 1:10 PM

Count me in if you still need a tester. P4/P5, Win2K, PIV 2.4 Ghz with 1.5 Gb RAM. Robin

Jay7347 ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 2:10 PM

Looks interesting. I'm somewhat new to poser but I've got a background of over 25 years as a newspaper photographer. In other words I've got quite a bit of lighting experience just not Poser experience. If you're looking for a MAC beta person drop me a line. I'm running a dual gig G4 with 1.75gig of ram. Some of my "illustration" type images are on my gallery page in addition to my newer Poser stuff. -jay

hmatienzo ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 2:49 PM

I can test it in Poser 5, on WinXP Pro. Got a gallery right here at Rosity... And lights are my passion, LOL!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Smitthms ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 4:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=smitthms

My galleries @ the link, I'll be more than happy to help you test it. Thomas

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 4:21 PM

I'd like to test this as well. You can check my gallery, but I only have a couple images up there. Using Poser 5 here. I agree with stormrage though. You should pick based on systems to make sure it works with everything, rather than who can render the best. But hopefully you get who you need, and will be able to release this soon :)

pizazz ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 6:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=pizazz

Poser 4, 1.2gig athelon processor, 512 Mb Ram, Win XP, Gallery Link attached.

depakotez ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 8:37 PM

Not much of a gallery here, but would be interested in testing this. Personally am working on BioMedical projects that would benifit from Studio like lighting that doesn't kill the render times. WinXP, 1.92 Ghz and 1.5 GB of Ram.. to start with. Thanks, Tom

EdW ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 1:21 AM

I have nothing in the gallery, but since I don't do stills and only animations I doubt that you would consider me. This would be fun to test to see if it would work for animations. Ed

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 4:49 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=FishNose

My gallery at the link. I'd be happy to test! I have P4 2,5 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Win 2000 Pro, Poser 4.03 :]Fish

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 6:05 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=Valandar

Of course I would like to beta test it! And -MY- gallery is at the link! ^_~

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 6:07 AM

Oh, BTW: Athlon 1600, 384 MB RAM, P4 ver 4.03 -AND- P5 SR2

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

redon634 ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 7:11 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=redon634

I'd love to be considered for testing as well - I have Windows XP on an Althon XP 1800 with 1GB of Ram and a nVidia graphics card. My gallery is at the link. I have Poser 4PP and Poser 5.

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2003 at 10:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=c1rcle

here's the link to my gallery, although I guess you've got enough testers by now. WinXP pentium 4 2.0Ghz with 1Gb Ram Geforce2 Mx graphics card, Poser4 & Poser5

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.