Sat, Sep 21, 6:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: 3D File Warehouse (FREE DOWNLOADS)

schnaps ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 1:53 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:26 PM

Attached Link: http://members.designheaven.com/~schnaps

file_49717.jpg

Just doing some selfless promotion. ;) Anyway, I started a site named 3D File Warehouse. This is where I'm storing all my original models for download. I'm basing it off of a Lowes or Home Depot type format. Be patient, I'm uploading the models as I create them. No doubt I'll run out of room, but I'm hoping the host will give me more space when I need it so I can continue to bring the downloads to you. (Unless someone would like to offer me some space to upload to. ;) ) You'll have to do some clicking, not every section has models in it, but they will...I promise. Take care Schnaps http://members.designheaven.com/~schnaps

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 2:01 PM

Big-i.com does free hosting of files, you should check them out. have to sign up as a member, but no popups or ads, it's a good site. hope that may help.

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 2:42 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserosity.com

These are great!Thanks! Lady Cherry is offering free space at Poserosity..

schnaps ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 3:45 PM

Thanks for the tip on Poserosity, Dizzie, nice amount of space...I signed up. Big-I only offers 20 megs of space, Designheaven gives me 50 I think. :) But thankyou for the suggestion MachineClaw.

ronstuff ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 3:59 PM

What a great resource... I love the way you have it "departmentalized" and can hardly wait till some of the areas are filled with inventory. Great work - keep it up! Unfortunately, your "no commercial use" policy is unclear - does this include use in RENDERS that may be associated with a commercial product? In other words, can I render a scene showing one of MY commercial products with one of your freebies maybe in the background or just adding detail to the scene, and use that image to promote MY product? Some people do not restrict renders in their "no commercial use" policies but are primarily concerned with distribution of their files, so it is always better to ask.

schnaps ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 5:22 PM

Yes, renders are not restricted unless my model is the primary subject, then it cannot be rendered and sold. As a filler piece, or details...sure.

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 5:49 PM

Glad I could help...I have my site over there too and I love it there! Lady Cherry is so nice and mighty generous to help us!

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 8:43 PM

Interesting. I read the legal section and the about section, but I didn't see any mention of commercial use at all. Does the site allow people to advertise commercial products? I'm thinking of the future possibility of going commercial and it would be nice to find a place with such a large space to work with. Melanie

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 9:07 PM

My guess is yes, but it's best to IM or email Lady Cherry directly....:>)

schnaps ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 1:33 AM

Attached Link: http://members.designheaven.com/~schnaps

I've added 5 more models. Smoke Detector Fire Extinguisher 2 Safes Enjoy!

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 1:18 PM

Love the look and concept of your site :) But when I click the download button, all I get is pages of code?! I'm using Internet Explorer on a Mac, btw, and DL stuff every day with no problem.....

schnaps ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 3:36 PM

Ahh, that's probably due to the fact I didn't put the 3DS files into zip format. I was hoping that wouldn't happen, but I'll have to change everything to zip format. Sorry about that.

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2003 at 10:20 PM

Thank you for being willing to do that, schnaps...it is greatly appreciated. You have some great models that I could really use :)

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2003 at 1:15 AM

Simply right-click and choose save-as for the 3DS files.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.