Mon, Sep 16, 10:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: strange texture problems

artnik ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 2:54 PM ยท edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 8:36 AM

I've downloaded several textures for Poser 3&4. I have 4. When I check the tex pics, everythings fine and it's all there. When I apply them to the figures, it's another story. The tex doesn't align with the figure. Someone here called it the pinto effect. Another puzzle - sometimes with body parts, like hair or those great real eyes texs(I think they're Bushi's), the WHOLE figure is texturized. These things only happen with some texs, most of them work fine. Anyone out there got any ideas?

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 3:54 PM

With the realeyes make sure you have the correct part of the eyes chosen. I have had some problems too, and am waiting to hear what people have to say.

Traveler ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 4:02 PM

Ok here are two texture ground rules: 1) If it applys wrong (aka the white patches on the map are showing up on the figure...) you are applying it to the wrong figure. The poser 3 and 4 figures are mapped differently. P4 fem textures can only be used on the P4 fem, etc. 2) If it as applying everywhere, uncheck the box that says "Texture changes apply to entire figure" -Trav

artnik ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 6:36 PM

artnik here again, I'll double check the eyes,thanks. Just out of sheer stubborness, though, I've tried the same body tex on both 3 & 4--same results. Just to be sure, I'll try again. If you happen to have the texture in question - John Johnsen's Asian Female 1, try it and see what happens and let me know. Thanx again.

Traveler ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 7:11 PM

That may be for Zygote nude asian woman figure, which is mapped differently from the P3 and P4 fem figures

kevlar barbie ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 10:42 PM

hey,this may offer some clarification.if you are using the basic p4 fem,morphed or not,go to the poser runtime folder, and open the templates folder.there you can see the map parameters for the basic p4 fem.if you texture map doesnt align with this,it will not map correctly to the figure.you can download the uv mapper to adjust the figures mapping or you can make a new texture map by laying the corresponding parts over the wireframe template.hope this isn't too convaluded.good luck.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2000 at 2:36 AM

Also beware of the map being applied upside down. For some idiotic reason (does anyone know why?) Poser turns texture map mappings the other way up in y while it is posing. My utility GETCOLTX in the Poser Free Stuff can make a wireframe texture map from an .OBJ file. If you also have that model's CR2 file, GETCOLTX can also make a color or transparency texture map.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.