Sat, Sep 21, 7:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Help, I need a Poser and Bryce Expert!!!

The Wraith ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 1:13 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:32 AM

I have followed every instruction and tutorial and I can't seem to export a Poser figure as a .obj file and import it into Bryce. I keep getting "An Unexpected Error has Occurred (Invalid format)" I also don't get the dialog window in Poser when exporting that includes the "include figure names in polygon groups"

arabinowitz ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 1:53 PM

I've been there. I'm guessing you haven't installed the Poser patch which solves a lot of these problems. Get the patch from either the metacreations website or from ghosteffects. If that doesn't work, Get the UV mapper from the Free Stuff (even if the patch works, get it anyway - It's an amazing tool) - and open up the object file with it. Remap it (there are instructions) and save it. I'm no expert on this by a long shot, but I hope this helps.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 4:10 PM

I would recommend upgrading poser first off. That seems to make up most of the difference. But if that doesnt work check and see if there are 3DS files or something. They sometimes make it not want to convert. Also sometimes I have found that the texture linking will sometime confuse it but patch first and that will probably take care of it. Later

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 5:01 PM

What version of Bryce are you useing? I have Poser3 (with patch) And Bryce 4(with patch)and I export poser figuers as obj into Bryce all the time. Have you tried any other format? from what menu or library are you trying to import it into Bryce? The objects library only imports .obp. To import other formats ,make sure you use the "Import object"item ,under the file menu. Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Stormrage ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 10:12 PM

ummm one note.. I get that error when I use the spiral hair that Darth Logice(?) i think created. I also get it with some texture maps. The hair won't work in bryce for some reason. Storm

archlite ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 12:59 AM

I get the same thing and what I do is first goto xdsoft.com and get their new 3d viewer tool its free and it will import the obj file and then save it in any format you want and then it will import into Bryce. I use that all the time and the import object will have the textures on it as well. the 3d explorer just got updated and it will view almost and 3d format and convert it to almost any other format its the best one I've seen and its free!

"But I being poor, have only my dreams. I place my dreams at your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." --William Yeats

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.