Tue, Oct 22, 3:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 18 10:10 am)

Subject: Preschool Girl Essentials Clothes Contest

DominiqueB ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2003 at 11:26 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:03 PM

file_48369.jpg

Hi to all,

I am running a little contest for all of those who purchased my Millennium Preschool Girl Essentials Clothes at Daz. I would like to see what you do with them, so post some renders of them in action, here and on March the 15th a winner will be declared in this forum. I will give one free texture for the sweater, jeans and mary jane shoes, made especially for the winner according to his or her color and theme specification. Said texture will never be included in any package I will even destroy it from my hard drive. So here is your chance to get a little piece of Haute Couture for your girl.
Come on guys, let's give Vickie and her temples a run for her money, and give the younger members of Rosity something to look at!

Dominique Digital Cats Media

Hanz ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2003 at 2:01 PM

file_48370.jpg

Hi DominiqueB,

What a great idea with a little contest!

And thanks a lot for making such a COOL clothing-kit for the Mil-Preschool Girl! The slimfit sweater is exactly what I needed for my preschool renderings...

Hope you all like the pic.

-Hanz

jarm ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2003 at 3:13 PM

file_48371.jpg

Well here's my entry, something a little more, well, different. Best wishes Jody

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2003 at 5:47 PM

Jody, this is wonderful, just wonderful....can't tell you how this is so actual. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2003 at 5:48 PM

meaning it is awful sad to hurt children and yet it is so true. Sharen

Carcinogen ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2003 at 9:59 PM

file_48372.jpg

The clothes and textures are great!

jarm ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 1:43 AM

Thanks Sharen

DominiqueB ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 10:52 AM

Hi everyone, I really enjoy seeing the great renders,it motivates me to keep working on the kid's wardrobe! I'm feeling generous today, so on top of the winner's prize of a custom texture, I will be sending each participant a special sweater texture at the end of the contest. Happy Rendering to all!

Carcinogen ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 10:05 PM

<<...I will be sending each participant a special sweater texture at the end of the contest.>> That is too cool! Many thanks. Tim

DominiqueB ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 7:53 PM

Hi to all, We may not have had a lot of entries, but they were all lovely. After polling my co-workers and friends the consensus was that Jarm's (Jody Armstrong) entry was the winner, because her piece elicited a strong emotional response from everyone who saw it, with good composition, camera angle, and a very good expressive character who seemed to look at you with sad accusing eyes. Well done Jody! I will soon contact all participants for their sweater texture, and of course the winner. Thank you to all and happy rendering Dominique.

jarm ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 12:15 PM

Awwww that's cool, thanks very much Dominique, though, just for reference I'm a guy :-) But don't feel bad, everybody gets that wrong. Well, um, gotta go and think about a texture....no ideas at the moment. Well done to the other entries too, I thought they were all excellant. best wishes Jody

DominiqueB ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 1:42 PM

I feel for you Jody! Dominique is a french name that is often given to boys also, I was assigned a locker in the boy's section in school for 7 straight years! and I am definitely a girl.

jarm ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 2:13 PM

A kindred spirit then

jarm ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 2:22 PM

file_48374.jpg

OK, well I've been wandering around the web and found this little number from Argos online, I like the thickness of this, which may be difficult to emulate with Poser, maybe a bump map? I dunno. Anyway, see what you can do with it. Best wishes and thanks Jody

DominiqueB ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 3:12 PM

Cute, definitely a bump map on that one, What's on the pants butterflies or flowers?

jarm ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 3:28 PM

Dunno, um...no idea

Hanz ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 12:56 PM

So, boys and girls (all with interchangable boy/girl names...giggle, giggle...sorry...) :-) Congrats to Jody for the winning-pic, it's very well deserved. Dominique, thanx again for the cool clothingpack and for hosting a fun little contest. Such a bummer that so few people bothered to participate. I really enjoy the clothing you made here, make more for the girls and I will buy it for sure! Do we all get a texture, as you promised? Keep up the good work! -Hanz

DominiqueB ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 1:08 PM

It doesn't really matter how many entered, it was all in good fun to me. I guess not everyone ends up at Renderosity or reads the forums. I have been working on the texture I promised you, I still have to tweak it to my liking and make the mat files, but yes all of you will get it. I will let you know when it is ready for you to download. I intend to complete the kid's wardrobe, I am working on a skirt & blouse and little dress for the next package with textures plus extra bonus textures to match the sweater to the skirt. I am ironing out the technical side of the skirt right now, I want the kid to be able to sit down with it. I will be posting renders in product showcase as I go along. Best Regards Dominique

DominiqueB ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 12:57 PM

file_48375.jpg

Hi to all, The participants free sweater texture is ready, hope you like it. Please send me your e-mail address so I can send it to you. Thanks DominiqueB

Carcinogen ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 6:42 PM

Fantastic work. Many thanks, DominiqueB! Tim

jarm ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 1:48 AM

Cheers Dominique

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.