Sat, Sep 21, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Poser Import to Vue problem

zorares ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 7:55 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Hi, I'm really new at Vue and after searching the forum, I downloaded the update to vue so that I could import the PZ3 file into view. Not what I expected. The figure imported ok but with no textures. Kind of defeats the point. Did I do something wrong? I've now got this grey statue where a beautiful angel should be. Please don't tell me I have to manually go in and reapply the textures!

http://schuetzenpowder.com/sigs.jpg

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 8:17 PM

Well it should work fine, when you save the pz3 file you then have to shut Poser down and then open Vue and import your pz3, your Poser file can not be running when you import a pz3 and then it should be okay. Sharen

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 1:27 AM

look into our FAQ section and do a search here - we already had a lot of discussions about that issue. Basic question #1: Windows or Mac? If Mac, check wether you have organized the textures in subfolders and/or somewhere else (than in Runtime/textures). If that is the case, Vue can't find them anymore.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 2:47 AM

And make sure you use the latest version of Vue 4.12:-)

zorares ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 7:46 AM

Well, I am running 4.12 and yes, all of the textures are under Runtime/textures. Still won't work. I rebooted and just loaded Vue with the same grey results. Ug.

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 7:58 AM

Mac or Windows? Poser closed when trying to import pz3-files? Does this happen with all Poser files or only with specific ones? Maybe you can show us an example Poser rendered compared to Vue rendered.

draklava ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 9:40 AM

Slightly off topic but... I have Poser 5 installed - I want to install Poser 4 so I can use it with Vue - will this screw up my Poser 5 install (cuz 5 is already installed before I install 4) also - do I have to have Poser 4 installed or do I simply need access to the dir structure and exe - I'm wondering if I can copy the dir structure from another computer with Poser 4 installed and point vue here without actually installed Poser 4 on the Vue machine...

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 3:05 PM

draklava; All you need to do is install P4 into its own seperate folder (On mine it is simply P4 & P5). This actually has some benefits. You could then install everything into the P4 directory tree, and link that to P5 (You might also want to think about creating seperate runtimes to keep things for specific characters seperate, like a Vicki runtime, a Micheal runtime, and Milkids runtime, etc. All you have to do is replicate the basic runtime folder structure, and copy the Poser executable into the base folder. That way the DAZ installer will locate -all- instances of Poser.exe, and you can choose where you want to place something) As far as Vue is concerned, I believe that all it looks for is a Poser.exe with a valid registration code flag set. As long as there is valid copy of Poser.exe to access, and you get your resources from the directory tree that that particular Poser.exe accessed in building the PZ3, Vue should be happy. Note I said should.

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 3:10 PM

zorares; What figures are you trying to import? The reason I ask is that the basic P4 characters have default settings where there are =no= textures involved. The color is set in the Poser pallet function, and as such is not readable by Vue, as those settings simply would not translate into materials. Vickie, Mike, Natalia, Dina, Stephanie, Koshini, etc all have textures natively, but Dork and Posette don't.

zorares ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 9:09 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_50751.jpg

OK. still can't figure this out. I'm running Poser PP and Vue 4.12 on a MAC powerbook G4 800 mhz with 1gig ram. ALl of the textures are under the Poser/runtime/textures. The attached image shows 2 renders, the created figure in Poser (voluptuous vicky) and the rendered import in Vue! I'm about ready to delete Vue!!!

Spit ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 1:41 AM

When they said runtime/textures on a Mac, they mean no subfolders under there unfortunately. So if you have your textures in subfolders Vue can't find them..something about a path limit I believe.

zorares ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 6:45 AM

OK, let me make sure I understand, all the textures have to be: C:PoserRuntimeTexturesskin.jpg and not: C:PoserRuntimeTexturesDazskin.jpg ??? Is this correct?

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 6:56 AM

and have you tried any other Poser model? Which means: do you have problems in general or does it have to do with this specific model? Stangely enough, i don't have any problems with importing pz3-files into Vue (but i am only doing very basic things). That does not help you at all, but maybe it makes sense to find the reason why it does not work. We will find it out!

runwolf13 ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 8:04 AM

The above renders are EXACTLY the problem I'm having with poser and vue. And it only happens with the DAZ characters, Dork and Posette and the P4/P3 kids work fine. This weekend I'm going to reorganize the box and see if that helps. I'll keep you guys posted. Always, the problems are on the Mac. Grrrr.

zorares ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 11:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=359492&Start=1&Artist=zorares&ByArtist=Yes

Well, here is the result of what I was trying to accomplish. The background is in Vue but the Angel was rendered in Poser. The final composed in Photoshop! http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=359492&Start=1&Artist=zorares&ByArtist=Yes Not exactly what I wanted but close. I really wanted to see the Angel rendered in Vue. BTW, Wabe, I did try another Poser file, just a simple girl (Victoria 2) with textures. She imported ok with I think all of her textures. Looked really bland though. Like I said at the beginning of this thread, I'm still new at Vue. Need to play with it some more.

draklava ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 12:19 PM

Zorares - looks good although the image is kind of dark on my cheap Optiquest monitor (looks great on my laptop) you may want to bring up the brightness a bit

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 1:22 PM

so here we are - its more a Poser+Victoria 3 problem than a Vue one. Are there any bumps (bum-files) involved? If that is the case, that could be part of the problem. And, to be a little sexistic. Sometimes the simple girls...

zorares ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 5:56 PM

Sorry about the "talents" of my angel Wabe. She actually had much more talent and I toned them down a lot. : ) Sometimes the images start with an idea and take on a life of its own. This was the result! No bumps that I know of or can find. Yes, she is actually V2 with Voluptous Vicky morphs by Wyrmmaster. I'm going to play a bit and see if maybe the string clothes or maybe the wings were the problem. But to be honest, I'm not that impressed with the way the V2 test looked that I imported. The textures looked pasty and bland. Thanks for everyone's help.

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 12:42 AM

file_50752.jpg

I've been having exactly the same problem with my demo copy of Vue for Mac and Millennium figures. FWIW it has nothing to do with subfolders -- all the P4 default figures have their textures in subfolders of the Textures directory and they load into Vue just fine (this is Heline, based on Posette). Should I be exporting my .PZ3s into .OBJs?

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 12:55 AM

"Should I be exporting my .PZ3s into .OBJs? " If that works - yes! Maybe you read runwolf13's explanation what he has discovered. He has posted that i think 1-2 days ago.

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 2:16 PM

As I think I've said elsewhere, if the problem is isolated to Macs and DAZ figures, I suspect it has to do with the pathname separator character, which is '/' on PCs and ':' on Macs. Poser is savvy enough to translate these to the local dialect when it's working with a file, but I suspect Vue is not since they just now started making a Mac version. If DAZ standardized on the '/' as a path separator it would stand to reason that Vue might gag on this. Vue is clearly importing part of the material settings, because transmapped hair objects on Millennium figures appear as grey in the modeler, but render as invisible. The above example that worked had another hair object from the same exact author, and you can see that the hair came through with both the image map and transmapping intact. As we know from messing with .CR2 files, highlight, visibility, and other slider settings are just values stored in the .CR2/.PZ3, so the error is isolated to pathnames. If the maps work when they're copied to the top of Textures, it also stands to reason that's because the software's drilling down from that point. I'll check this at home later. So, while I'm making guesses here, I'll put my money on Vue being less graceful about parsing .PZ3s than Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.