Sat, Sep 21, 11:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 11:15 am)

Subject: <b>Virus Update</b> PLEASE READ!

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 10:04 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:54 AM

Evidently the "Love Bug" has mutated into the Mighty Morphing Power Virus. I just heard that some jerkwad tweaked the code of this evil virus so that it now sends itself with a randomly selected Subject line and a random file name! For the next week or so, be VERY careful with e-mail attachments!

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 2:14 PM

From where I work, there was a notification sent around this afternoon about this. It has "FW" in the message line, as though it's been forwaded to you and it does have a VBS attachment. Basically, if you ever receive an e-mail with a Visual Basic Script attached - delete it. VBS seems to be the prefereed payload of recent virus writers (May their gods have no mercy whatsoever on their souls) Paul

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 5:03 PM

They got souls? Scarab <-easily mystified by such theologics.....

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 5:10 PM

heya; now why can't some yahoo tweak windoze so it works better? sheesh. scarab: if they didn't have souls, how could we arrange for them to be eternally tormented? think about it, dude. :)

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 5:21 PM

No problem for me. I use the good old Netscape 3.04. Don't misssunderstand me, i have the newest browsers but only to check offline if everything what i have done works with them. Best protection is to jump for a while to netscape and give them a new chance. Ohhhhhhh Bill Gates would hate me for this statement. I'm sorry, but this arrogant company needs a trap in their A... for there bullshit security-succing-programs. Each other company wouldn't exist if they came to the market with unfinished programs like theirs. SHARKEY

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 6:27 PM

Hmmm, well Bloodsong, I could probably be good for providing about two weeks of torment (razor blades and dental tools...."Is it safe?" ....then I could pass them over to you...and you to Darth,....to Thrallord...geep...... Spending near eternal damnation as a chain letter....Yeah...that would work.... Scarab<-my parents were frightened of me by the age of three

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 6:47 PM

Bloodsong..... Someone did tweek windoze...it's called Gnome :) (from what I heard Gnome will be able to run ALL windows apps soon, even games!) -Colt

barry ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 7:51 PM

I thought Gnome is a linux app(gui or whatever)?

Albertosaurus ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 12:54 AM

Yes, Gnome is a windows manager for Linux and other Unixes. Now, since there seems to be a general demand for a short consise guide to making Windows safe from these kinds of parasitical attacks, I have here a short guide on securing Windoze. 1. Remove your installation of Windows 9X. 2. Install Windows NT4.0/2000, and make sure you use the ntfs file system throughout. You are now immune from most boot sector viruses such as Chernobyl. 3. Create yourself a user account which you will use. Do NOT make that account an administrator account. Configure the policies of your computer to give this account the minimum amount of priviledges that you can get away with. In NT4 this is done via the User Manager in Administrative Tools. In Win2K you have to use the MMC.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 4:16 PM

OH!!! i want to migrate to linux/unix SO BAD!!! WHERE IS GNOME!?!?!??!?! pleeeeeeease! :) alberto: er, that would kinda have to include actually paying microsoft for weenies 2000/nt, and, well... not in this lifetime. if i can help it. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.