Fri, Sep 20, 7:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Question about texture...

tradivoro ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 11:55 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:39 AM

file_51021.jpg

Does this look like paper, inside the book, to you folks???

tradivoro ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 11:56 PM

file_51022.jpg

another view, thanks for your input..

MightyPete ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 12:01 AM

From a distance maybe. You might want to try making your own new texture by scanning a thick book edge wise and mapping that new picture as a texture. I;ve seen better so it can be done perfectly but this is fine to. I'd say almost there. If the book in the final render is going to be this close then no but if it's at distance yet it's fine as is.

kruzr ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 12:01 AM

Hi Tradivoro . . . It looks like paper to me. I like the texture you used. Did you use the texture for bump as well, or no bump on the paper? Have a good one . . . Mark.

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 12:13 AM

Basically, it's going to be more in the distance and it's a procedural, cause I didn't want to spend time scanning, since it's going to be used in a scene where the books are more window dressing.. It's just that sometimes I look at it, and it looks like wood, other times, it looks paper.. But yeah, if this was going to be up close, I'd definitely go the scanning route.. Thanks for your input Pete...

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 12:18 AM

Hi Kruzr, the texture was done using a color that would make it look like old paper, and then the lines are being driven by the bump.. The function is called lines, and I killed the y and z and basically it's just driven by the x axis on the function...

YL ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 5:51 AM

Looks like paper ! that's not easy to create lines textures with Vue , thanks for the infos

thomaskrahn ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 9:11 AM

It it's a bit smaller than in the pictures shown here it can surely be used! Looks great!

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 9:34 AM

Thanks for your feedback... Yes, I think for close up shots, the scale has to be smaller... Now I just have to work on rounding the edges of the book... :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.