Mon, Oct 21, 11:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: pose file library limit

zellicious ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 9:03 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:38 PM

As long as I have one question out in the forum I'll throw out number two. With the addition of Vic3 and all the corresponding injection poses, the limits of my pose library have been reached. There are still listed on the library pull down screen, but are inaccessible. clicking on them instead gives you one of the first few pose groupings listed. While this has forced me to review my libray and combine or remove redundant and unused pose files. I am still near the limit. Is there any other way around this other than piling pose files under related headings? Aside from Vic3, various MAT files are the biggest culprit, can these be moved over to camera files?

Migal ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2003 at 11:29 PM

Yes. Actually, my Pose folder only contains MAT files for hair and clothes. My "pose" files are in my Camera folder. You have to rename the files from .pz2 to .cm2, but you can do it with a batch file pretty easily if you're on Windows. BTW, I believe the limit is 250.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 1:07 AM

Even by doing so you may at a point reach the limit. I have moved all MAT poses to camera - the opposite of Migal's way of doing it. and still I had too many poses in my Pose folder, as quite a few sets have BOTH poses and MATS in their Pose folder. When this happens, it's time for Pbooost. I'm so happy coz I finally found out how it worked. And now I don't know how I could ever live without it L Now I was even more lucky that average coz I got it here as a gift from HeavyRay (Thanks again) but still I would say it is money well spent.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 10:53 AM

PBooost!! The way to go......Definately!! But read the specs first :-)

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 11:05 AM

PBooost is fantastic!! When my OS was WindowsME it worked great and I loved it. Now I have XP Pro and it won't work for me no matter what I do. I am heartbroken! But what I do now is have a seperate folder called Poser Back Up and then put folders in there for PoseHair, PoseMike, PoseVictoria2 etc and move them into Poser as I need them. It takes a bit longer but is the best I can do. PBooost is the best if your PC can use it. I loved it! Warm Regards, Nancy (SophiaDeer)

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 11:11 AM

Sophia - PBoost works just dandy on my XP system. Have you used Correct Reference to sort out your textures folder? If all else fails, contact Hogsoft.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 11:15 AM

Hi Sam, No I have not..I feel like dumbo but what does Correct Reference mean? Your help would be greatly appreciated! Warm Regards, Nancy

Nancy Deer With Horns

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 11:24 AM

Correct Reference is a free program by Hogwarden, the maker of PBooost. It looks thru all your Poser files and checks if the references to the textures are correct. If they're not, it will try to fix them (in case the cr2 asks for a tif and the texture is really a jpg and such) Be aware that first time you run it, it can take VERY long time (mine took 10 hours!!!) depending on the size of your Runtime :o) But it's a great program. And a must for Running PBooost on WinXP. - and probably on other OS'es as well)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 12:34 PM

Thank you very much! I dowloaded it now and see how it goes. I appreciate your help very much. Warm Regards, Nancy

Nancy Deer With Horns

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 12:42 PM

Glad I could help :o) I just ran it again. Amazing how quickly you can accumulate files with errors of some sort. Even if some of the "errors" CR finds are not really errors. It's just that it also changes everything to lower case to avoid any mismatches. This time it took only about 1 hour to complete.

FishNose ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 5:35 PM

Actually you can have more than 250 - I often do :o) but then Poser truncates folder names, gets difficult. So I have all MATs elsewhere - character MATs in Hands and Clothing MATs etc in camera. I use P3dOExplorer to batch rename to change the suffixes of the pz2 files.

Migal ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 7:19 PM

When I have more than 250 folders inside my Pose library, I can still uses pz2 files located inside the first 250 folders, but folders beyond 250 will not even display their contents. SophiaDeer, if you convert your hard drive to NTFS from Fat32, pBoost will probably start working again. I have pBoost, but do not use it because I don't want to do the conversion to NTFS. I have technical reasons for this that may not matter to you, so you might want to do the conversion.

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 7:50 PM

Thanks so much!

Nancy Deer With Horns

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.