Sat, Sep 21, 11:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 11:15 am)

Subject: Models from "The Neverending Story"

Ede ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2000 at 6:08 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:01 AM

file_127450.jpg

Hi all, some of you might know the movie "the neverending story" these are sort of golden angels shooting flashes from their eyes in one scene those who have seen know what i mean i'm looking for a similar 3d model or anything common i'd especially need wings like the ones shown above... anyone have any idea where to get or how to do such stuff ? -Ede

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 8:39 AM

Oh Yea I loved that movie :) For that model your going to need to do a total rebuild from nothing, but I can help you get something that looks like it. 1) Look for the Centaur model and talk to NERD about how he did it. (http://www.theworks.com/~nerd/character.htm) You just need to follow the same guild lines but stick on the free Lion model Poser 4 gives you. That will give you the lion/human part of the sphinx. 2) The wings are easy enough if you have a program like 3d Studio Max just make a rectangle and bend it then make a sphere and subtract it from the bent rectangle to make the notch in the wings. Clone and reverse J 3) Create and Add all your textures 4) Use a glow filters and render You may want to contact someone at Bbay.com and see if anyone wants to make the model, it may cost of lot of money that way depending on how you choose to set it up. If all else fails send an e-mail at z4681019@gw.total-web.net and I will see what I can doif anything. -Colt

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 5:15 PM
Forum Moderator

I didn't do a "Southern Oracle" (Sphinx, Lion-Woman) I did a Centar (Horse-Human). The centar is VERY primative. It's just the two figures stuck together, with the excess parts hidden. SOMEday I'll do it right. I've given a sphinx some serious thought. That may be my next freebie. (If it's too much work, maybe not) I'm not sure if there's enough room between the lion legs for the human breasts. Can you remember, are the front feet hands or paws? The lion has human breasts, are they covered in fur or not?

Ede ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 5:20 PM

Hi nerd, the front feet are paws in the film, but i'd rather prefer humand hands, and the breasts are not covered in fur :) there must not even be a lion body, so it's not a real "sphinx" but i'd like those wings. can you do a wing prop looking exactly the same like the ones in the above pic ? i'd attatch them to a normal woman in the same pose that would do the trick i guess ... but i'm not a modeler and i need wings like shown above exactly the same form all other known angel wings don't work -Ede

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 5:29 PM
Forum Moderator

Heck, thats easy, stand by give me maby an hour... and I'll whip out those wings.

Ede ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 5:35 PM

that sounds exciting! it's 0:40 here ;-) let's see if i'll be still awake in one hour! nerd, you're da man! btw the neverending story is on digital tv tomorrow evening at my place ;-) i'll stand by for the wings see if you can match the shape like in the picture it's so good looking! -Ede

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 6:37 PM

Opps sorry Nerd, I didn't mean it to sound like you already built the model! ducks and hides Well let me know when the finsh the model, so I can play with it and makes some poses and stuff. (Im redoing all the poses from Zygote motion pack 1 because of the twisting of the neck and unjoined right leg irks so a few more poses will not hurt) -Colt

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2000 at 12:28 AM
Forum Moderator

Actually, the wings are done, you may want to make a better texture/bump I just used a tube I already had made up. BUT! I'm gunna make you wait. I'm going to make the whole griffin/sphinx (sphiffin, grinx?, ah the Southern Oracle) and post it. It shouldn't take too long.

Ede ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2000 at 4:40 AM

heheg can't wait to see your work! don't worry about the texture, i'll make a good one i'm not a good modeller but texturing is no problem. so you do the mesh and i do the texture can you post a little preview of the wings ? -Ede

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2000 at 5:31 AM
Forum Moderator

Ok. Here's a pic of the wings so far. I've got to do the UV map on the Sphinx and the joint setup. that'll be a day ot two. {short description of image}

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.