Fri, Sep 20, 4:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Vickie Update

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 9:52 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:33 PM

I finally got the update into Poser (is it really only a few cr2 files?). When I tried the Vickimap2, nothing happened. It asked for a body texture that wasn't there. Is that a head texture connected to another Zygote tex map that I don't have, or did I just get an empty file? Also, where are the new head and body morphs that the description says are there? I didn't see any. Melanie

Viomar ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 10:23 AM

Are you sure you openned the right ones--> vicki & vicki Maps(NOT vicky or millie cr2s)?? As for the mapped one: You need to have also bought the maps... Hope this helps!

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 10:44 AM

There were multiple updates which kinda got confusing. There should be a set of textures if you have those bought. There should also be morphs and the ability to point at with the eyes I belive. They are all called slightly different and there is a list of vickies after it as all said and done.

Jaager ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 3:33 PM

Zygote sells two pairs of maps in their photorealistic set . The upgrade provided 3 CR2's. One setup for each of the two textures and one setup for no texture. They are otherwise identical. The size is ~8 Megs as oppossed to the original ~4 Meg. The difference is Morphs. If you did not purchase the maps, you only need to keep one of the 3 Cr2's. In this case, I think Zygote somewhat over did it in their attempt to idiot proof the upgrade - especially if you are running this thing at 48 K bps instead of 2,400 K bps. But then, Zygote has to deal with a different world.

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2000 at 8:32 PM

I'm just very confused about all these Vickies. Each time I install a new add-on for the original Victoria charater, it installs a new Vicki icon. It would be easier if it just installed the add-ons to the original Vicki character. I opened the "Vicki" character and got a basic Victoria character. I thought the description of the update said there were new head and body morphs, but I don't see anything that looks new. Oh, well, it was free, so I guess I can't complain. I'm dreading the day I get a new computer and have to transfer or reinstall all of this. :) Melanie

Viomar ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2000 at 12:10 AM

Melanie, I know this is 'offtrack' a bit! If you have Norton SystemWorks: there is a neat utility called "GHOST" which will make a perfect image of a partition(will even compress it, ex: 1gig=450mg) fits on a CD!! I did this after installing OS & quite a few apps & tools, setup the look & feel of everything, then made the image (Approx. 8-15 minutes 6x-4x burner). Voila! Now! If my system crashes("God forbid"), i pop my cd in, boot from a diskette with Ghost and copy it back(5 minutes instead of 2-4 hours) for a total reinstall!!! Also andy for transferring between systems!! Hope this helps!! P.S.: If you lived in Montreal, I could be of assistance: I do this for people with my notebook & external burner...

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2000 at 8:32 AM

Viomar, thanks for the info. I don't live in Montreal. One of the reason's I'm seriously considering getting a new computer is to get a CD-R, which my old computer doesn't have. I really need one of those critters. My system is very antiquated. It gets by, but is quickly losing ground with all the new stuff that's coming along, and now, with the prices going way down, I can probably afford a better one for less than what I paid for my original one (a smaller one that even this one is). Thanks again for the advice. Melanie

chadly ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 2:03 PM

Melanie- Jaager's right. The Vicki upgrade includes 3 .cr2 files. One for each of the two textures and one for no texture. If you did not purchase the maps, then you can throw away the two map .cr2 files and keep the Vicki.cr2 file. And I agree with you, too, Melanie: It would be easier if all of the Victoria updates just installed the add-on features to the original Vicki character. The reason we didn't dare to do this is because many people had added custom morphs, etc. to their original Victoria characters and some would have inadvertently written over these custom settings and lost them when installing new Victoria updates. This way, if you do have any custom settings that you'd like to keep, you can transfer them from the "Victoria" or "Victoria Morphs" files to the final "Vicki" file, and then discard these earlier .cr2 files. You wrote: "I opened the "Vicki" character and got a basic Victoria character. I thought the description of the update said there were new head and body morphs, but I don't see anything that looks new." It sounds like you purchased the Victoria model after the first update (which added these new morph targets). The second update didn't add any new morph targets; the improvements that were added here related instead to the joint parameters, eye-point-at functionality, etc. Hope this helps! -Chad Smith Zygote Media Group

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2000 at 8:07 PM

Thanks, Chad. I bought the original Victoria back in the first week she appeared. I'm thrilled with this character. She's almost the only female character I use now (I even did my own self-portrait with her). I just needed the clarification and you made it very easy to understand. I appreciate your help. Melanie

chadly ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 10:27 AM

Glad to help, Melanie. Where is your self-portrait posted? -Chad

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.