Sun, Oct 6, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Hello everybody... I'll be back soon, new PC is arrived! :-)

Doublecrash ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2003 at 10:57 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:19 PM

In the past days I deserted the gallery, so I excuse myself for having not left any comments as I usually do... but... MY NEW PC ARRIVED! :) So, I'm here trying to configure everything from scratch... and it's wonderful, people, now I see your images sooooo BIIIIIG! :-) And I did a quick test render with premium settings... whoa! A ligthning bolt! I jumped on my seat, because I jumped from PII300 128RAM to AthlonXP2400 with 512... Ok. I'll stop rambling right now. I just wanted to brag a little :-) LOL See you very soon in the galleries... :) Stefano

hyperborea ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2003 at 11:09 PM

Congratulations with your new computer Stefano. It is nice to you see back and in such a happy spirit. See you soon! W&M

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 27 March 2003 at 11:17 PM

Thats quite a big jump. Good luck with the new machine! :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

treemont ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 1:08 AM

that's cool Stefano! I'm saving up for now... hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be jumping too :) Now I bet, you'll be all over the place :)

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 1:57 AM

Great man! I've never had memory problems with my 1600/512. You have to keep up with the updates though. About a month ago, my modem started booting me off the net. I'd emailed the company who made the modem (Lucent)- strangely enough, they had sold their interest to another company who denied that they made modems. MS finally offered an update to the modem driver after my emailing them several error reports. Curiously, the driver update was made by the company that bought rights to the Lucent modem.

cambert ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 3:33 AM

Great news Stefano. If I send you the bottom half of my latest pic, could you render it for me? It's going to take me all week to do it myself :-) Glad you're having fun.

Flak ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 3:58 AM

Hehe, glad you're happy DC. That is quite a jump. Hopefully one day I may make an even bigger jump when I move on from my p3 450.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Doublecrash ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 5:44 AM

Just the time to drop by again between installations... thanx to everybody who gave me advice a while ago while I was choosing the hardware. It was a good choice and a good help. :) S.

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 6:16 AM

LOL, "Cruisin"! Dontcha love it. side note: Stefanos' gallery just increased by 200%

Sambucus ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 6:23 AM

Oh boy, are you going to notice a difference. Happy computing,DC.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 6:58 AM

Bigger, faster, better. Oh there is nothing like a faster computer to ease your render times. I should know at xmas I upgraded to a Athlon 1.8GHz and last week I finally got to 1Gb RAM and a new GeForce 4 MX440 graphics card. It has made such a difference to render times. So glad to see you happy Stefano, enjoy your new toy. Cheers Cat

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 11:29 AM

hate to spoil the it's gonna render so fast glow, but i have found that one's complexity of image and lighting and premium effects grag you back to the render while sleeping timeframes (grin) just think of the speed like money, your bills always expand to fit the amount of extra cash you may have! Congrats regardless!

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 28 March 2003 at 9:31 PM

Oh come on Incarnadine, you must know the joyful exhuberence a new pc is greeted with, and after spending lots and lots of money on a new toy you've got to convince yourself and everyone else that it's worth it. So a 2 second reduction in render time of a 20 hour image is absolutely fantastic...........LOL 8) Cat

orbital ( ) posted Sat, 29 March 2003 at 8:25 AM

Yeh thought you'd gone missing, I can usually rely on you for a comment or two. Hopefully now you will be churning out images like nobodies businees, can't wait!

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.