Thu, Oct 3, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 6:16 pm)

Subject: Manga Anime Character's

Compdoctor ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 1:49 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 10:19 PM

I am looking for any or all manga or anime character's, textures, props. If you make them or know where I can buy them please let me know. thanks

Momcat ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 5:47 AM

Check out DAZ for Koshini and Aiko, and Play with Poser(freestuff) for Posette based manga style characters.

galactron22 ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 10:55 AM

I think there's some Ghost In The Shell style weapons in the freestuff.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 11:36 AM

Posermania : replacement heads, clothing

AniMotions : Final Fantasy 7 characters by Jon Malis (Free Stuff --> Gaming --> Video Game Characters)

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 11:58 AM

OK, sorry but I have to get this off my chest. This is not meant as a flame to Daz or anybody else. I've been an anime fan for around 24 years. IMO, Koshini looks about as Japanese as Micky mouse. It's a very Un-anime looking character. Now as I myself has said before there are an infinite number of styles among Japanese Character designers and Manga artists, But Koshini looks (to my eyes anyway) Much more like a western style cartoon character. Now Aiko, and The V3 anime packs on the other hand, do have attributes that are appropriate to a "typical" Japanese character design style, Although I have some nitpicks with those to. :) Anyway I'm not Dissing Koshini, I just don't really like how she is so often tagged as an anime character. :) What ever happened to those Ranma 1/2 style characters that guy was posting WIPs for a while back? Now those were authentic.

Asciicodeplus ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 12:21 PM

Well that would be me.... I've been working on the final true anime style figure, but lately the work and the school have been killing me... Here are some links for you o take a look at: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1118174 http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1119794 Ascii

galactron22 ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 12:37 PM

I agree with Berserga I'm getting sick of Koshini, but I disagree about V3 morphs, I think they look it makes her look like a bug eyed freak. I just saw Asciicodeplus' anime characters and they look great man, let us know when you finnish them.

galactron22 ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 12:40 PM

Attached Link: http://home.netvigator.com/~sssiuiu/royloo/download.htm

Oh...I forgot Royloo has some great, giant robots like Mazinger Z and some Macross Valkiries.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 1:43 PM

Koshini looks more like a Lisa Frank character to me, but they probably can't say that...

Tirjasdyn

guarie ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 2:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserpros.com

If you do get Aiko and want some anime style outfits check out the PoserPros store (link above). Xena's created some brilliant clothing for Aiko and I've created, what I think are, some great textures for them. Many of them were Anime based textures. Ok shameless plug over but you did ask ;)

Compdoctor ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 3:20 PM

thanks guarie will do, Aiko is ok, and have wored with her, but I want Character's that are new and ones that I do not have. I've ben useing poser since 3 and now have 5, so I have been around for awhile. Thanks for the other coments and Asciicodeplus you got one sale here for that no matter what the cost

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 4:22 PM

file_52634.jpg

Here is a test of my anime morph for my from scratch charater. Its a diferent style from Ascii's version The body is getting there.

Compdoctor ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 5:49 PM

teaser, I want it :)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 2:16 AM

Attached Link: http://homepage2.nifty.com/zokeimaster/

Have you tried 'Play with Poser," check the link out. Yuka and Mayu and more I think.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 3:39 AM

What I generally think is wrong with the various anime morphs are the eyes. They simply do not say "anime" to me.
Now I'm absolutely NOT an expert on either anime or manga but I know that allthough those characters have big eyes, they have big eyes that are NOT just ENLARGED eyes. In general the eye shape of lots of the anime morphs are wrong, Koshini is - no matter how much I love her - no exception.

To me, something like Koteheddo from Posermania looks anime. Oh and Ascii's great work of course. PLEASE finish it :o) Skip school and get on with it ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

hankim ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:54 AM

file_52635.jpg

Here is a mike morph I am working on.. still needs a lot of work, but I feel like it's headed in the right direction, at least

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 3:22 PM

"I agree with Berserga I'm getting sick of Koshini, but I disagree about V3 morphs, I think they look it makes her look like a bug eyed freak" I was trying to be generous. :p I personally don't think Aiko (as she looks default) or the V3 morphs are particularly anime like. I wish I could just but Aiko's chin morphs. :) "What I generally think is wrong with the various anime morphs are the eyes. They simply do not say "anime" to me. Now I'm absolutely NOT an expert on either anime or manga but I know that allthough those characters have big eyes, they have big eyes that are NOT just ENLARGED eyes." You are absolutely right. That is a typical problem with anime morphs made for poser. I think people who actually draw in that style (whichever style they are trying to aprocimate.) tend to do better. The character's at Studio Maya are good examles of anime characters for poser. They tend towards the more realistic styles of the likes of Manga artist Ryochi Ikegami. hankim: That looks great.

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 3:25 PM

My kingdom for an edit button!

Asciicodeplus ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:24 PM

Skipping school!!!...............LOL OK maybe in a couple of months when the school period ends... Thaks for the cheerful comments, I will finish my work as soon as possible... Ascii

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.