Thu, Sep 19, 10:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Another brick in the wall--pt. 2 - WIP

bitdaf ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 1:15 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

file_127679.jpg

Hi- I think I've made some improvement to the bricks thanks to Marks advice and tips- I'm still tweaking tho. I think lighting has a bit to do with it- which leads me to my question. Where is that light, that goes across the garage door, coming from!??- I have turned off the ambient light (I have it on now at 28% just to show some detail in the bricks)and I have the atmosphere on "none" and it's still there. I even set a backdrop of pure black and no luck. I turned off the sun (even tho I had no atmosphere) I've tried everything but it still shines as if from behind the building! I'd like to completely darken the scene and bring up and set the lights little by little. Any ideas? Thanks Daf

aeryk71 ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 1:25 PM

Is it the default light that Carrara puts into every scene? I think if you check your pull down list, there should be a distant light listed or something like that... Hope this helps, Aeryk

bitdaf ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 1:30 PM

Thanks aeryk!- I had totally forgotten about that light!!!!!!! Doh! There... that's much better- thanks again! Back to work.. Daf

aeryk71 ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 1:33 PM

Anytime! Aeryk

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 4:22 PM

Nice improvment. Gonna play with bump maps on the concrete? :) Mark

hoborg ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 5:20 PM

That's a fine-looking scene! You should give me some pointers. I need some education, you might say. :) Keep it up! Hoborg

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 5:51 PM

Very cool. Looking great... Yea bump map the concret...would really help. Cliint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

bitdaf ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2000 at 8:53 PM

Yes-the concrete is the next project! I'm collecting cement and concrete texture maps now-and will use the same technique as with the bricks- right? Thanks for all the help-it would have been next to impossible to get anything going with Carrara (for me-as buggy as it apppeared to be at first) without this little community we have here in the Car/RD forum- I appreciate it! Daf

dethblud ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 2:14 PM

The bricks look great, as do the windows and garage door. It would look rather realistic if you stuck in a light hanging over the door of some sort, and stuck either a spot or bulb light inside the model. Oh, and the grates under the windows are cool too, didn't notice them at first.

bitdaf ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 9:52 PM

Thanks dethblud! That's a good idea -about the light outside the door..hmmm- Great idea, too, about the light inside- Thanks- something to work on for sure- Daf

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.