Sat, Sep 21, 9:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: New Item in Freestuff

Dave ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 10:55 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:56 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.grfkdsgn.com/vincent/vincent.html

file_52792.jpg

For those that want it, Vincent is now available for downloading. He is of course and AS-IS item. It's not perfect, it's just free. ENJOY! Dave

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 10:57 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Is he compatible with the Daz Cube? From now on, all freebies have to be cube-friendly...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Dave ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 10:58 AM

:P

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 11:02 AM

I just checked him out and he is not friendly with the Daz cube, in fact he hit it on the face...just can't figure out which one I'm going to put the Daz steak on. Can you fix this? LOL Thanks, Marque

Renegade572 ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 1:45 PM

I'm new to this stuff, what is meant by the Daz Cube?

Dave ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 1:50 PM

It was DAZ3d's idea of an April Fool's Day joke. Check out store.daz3d.com for more details. Dave P.S. By the way Vincent is not an April Fool's Day joke.

Renegade572 ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 2:00 PM

LOL

martindj ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 3:56 PM

I get a CRC error from RTEncoder on the OBJ. There is nothing wrong with my Michael 2, as far as I know. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:21 PM

2nd person to say they have that problem. Not sure what is causing the problem. Have you ran a test on the RAR files make sure they arent corrupted or producing a corrupted RTE file? Also where is your blMilMan.obj located? Mine is still located in the old ZygotePeople directory. Was there any help in the RTEncoder documentation that might shed some light? I havent used RTE all that much to know what would cause a CRC error. Thanks, David

Dave ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:28 PM

You might also want to try contacting RCook (rcook@rcook.net) and maybe he can get you to the bottom of the CRC error. Thanks, David

martindj ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 4:44 PM

Hi David, I'm also David. Yes, my blMilMan.obj is still in the old ZygotePeople directory. I'll check the RTE documentation. Glad to hear I'm not alone with this problem.

martindj ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:23 PM

Still no luck, but the cr2 files decode fine. The test function in WinRAR says the downloaded files were ok.

martindj ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:45 PM

I've tried using a prog called PowerArchiver (like Winzip) which claims to handle .RAR files. It says the CRC error is on your VincentOBJA.rte file once it has been extracted. Maybe RTEncoder is reporting this same problem on your source file?

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:47 PM

Dave, Which version of Winrar did you use? Cause, Winrar is not backward compatible as Zips are! So, if you used version 3.xx, then using version 2.xx won't work! Also, The location of the .obj doesn't affect RTEncoder's functions! Marco

martindj ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 10:42 PM

I'm trying to unzip the files with winrar 3.11 (on Win2K pro), also tried 3.20 beta. All the 2.x I can find seem to be warez so I won't touch them. I have seldom had this sort of frustrating problem and no doubt the solution is simple - but I don't know what it is.

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 11:45 PM

Winrar & WinAce do compress a bit more then WinZip. And they have better crc protection. But, i only use those for personal archiving. For distributing files, Winzip is universal(Even Macs can open those). Maybe Dave could change it to zip or at least tell us which version he used... Good Luck! Marco

Dave ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 7:37 AM

I used WinRAR version 3.00 beta 5. I used WinRAR because I could divide the file up into managable chunks. My website balks at downloads over 5MB in size. It will let me upload a huge file, just not let anyone download it. Since the Zip for the CR2 would weigh in at 25MB easy, I went the WinRAR route. Sorry this has been such a hassle for everyone. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. I also tried decoding the files and didnt run up against the CRC error. Thanks, Dave

martindj ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 1:32 PM

Dave, would you consider redoing with the official winrar 3.11 and reposting in freestuff? I have discovered the cr2, which appeared to work, was corrupt; and another version of winrar appeared to handle the obj ok but produced rubbish. It all seems to point to a problem with winrar rather than rtencoder. I hope you see this as old threads tend to get rather lost in the Poser forum.

Dave ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 2:07 PM

I might be able to do one better, but I'll have to figure out somewhere else to host it. My website has reached it's transfer level for this month already. Thanks, David

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 6:10 PM

hmmm... I see your problem Dave! Ok! How about making it a self extract file then? I know WinAce does an excellent Multi/File self-extract. I'm wondering why it's so big though. When me & NetherWorks did V3-Hybrid, the file was 8 megs. If you don't already have this file, get it(FreeStuff) & look at it & read the html. Maybe it will help you! Good Luck Mate! Marco

Dave ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 10:32 PM

Even 8MB would be to large for a download according to my webservice provider. The cr2 is so large because of the morphs. The base cr2 is like M2. I had had trouble with M2's head so when I made this latest version I moved V3's body instead. Was easier to use M2's bones for setup rather V3. I'm working on a solution using Winzip which I found out supports split zips. Definitely a new one on me. Once I get it all worked out I'll post it the item up again. Thanks, Dave

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2003 at 12:06 AM

hmmm... How about leaving the cr2 blank, "squesshing" the morphs & packaging them seperately. I mean, yeah! people would have to reload the MTs. But, considering it's Free, they shouldn't complain about it! I mean, i didn't get one email complaining about the difficulty of assembling V3-Hybrid! A few about help. But no Rants. Oh Yes! Winzip does allow splitting. I think it's been like that since version 7. I just never use it. Also, i didn't D/L your file. But, you know that RTEncoder can use any type of seed file? What i mean is that you could ZIP one part(Mike2 Bod), then encode using this ZIP with Mike 's .OBJ, then encode again with V3's Head(Zipped). The possibilities are endless. You might find a set of steps that reduces the final size a lot more... Marco

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.