Mon, Oct 21, 11:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: @#$%^& poser 5

GigaRoc ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:04 PM ยท edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 12:02 PM

ok i have a block, 50in * 50in * 10in Real Demintions is there a way i can set up the morph dials so that instead of going in multiples of 4.3 i can go in multiples of one that is to say, if i wanted them to move one full langth up i would change the ytrans from 0 to 4.3 then 8.6 12.9 17.2 ... can i change that so that for every 1 it moves an accualy 4.3?

milamber42 ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 9:17 PM

file_52829.jpg

In Poser 5 under general preferences, you can change the measurement to inches.

Norbert ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 2:37 AM

By the way... Thought you might like to know that you spelled "@#$%^&" wrong. It's supposed to be spelled, "@#&$%^&". Just tryin' to help, man.

mickmca ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 7:27 AM

Be warned. If you use non-Poser units to measure things, they are converted to Poser units for saving/storage, which MOVES them! I found this out the hard way, while setting up a gauge for Dist Start/Dist End. My neatly spaced markers every two feet kept being elsewhere when I reloaded the file. A bit like the System Color Picker, where the RGB values are sometimes rounded down to suit the Poser color scales. Also without telling you.... M

GigaRoc ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 8:20 AM

thanks sorry about the spelling, this forum don't have a speelchecker

Maz ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 5:17 PM

It doesn't have a spollchoker either. And anyway, it should be "@##&$%^&". This is the official spelling in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa and the EU official translators. The "@#&$%^&" spelling only applies in the USA and to certain tribes in Papua New Guinea. Incidentally, the EU (European Union) is planning to standardise (standardize) English spelling throughout Europe. A study by the University of Minnesota (Smith & Henkleman, 1983) identified an 83% redundancy in the written English language). These changes will be phased in over the next seven years. The first phase, in 2004, will see the elimination of double consonants which are the major contributor (38%) to English language redundancy. For example, in all official documents from March 2004 the word 'gullible' will be written 'gulible'. It is expected that this standard will be applied by the UN to all English speaking countries from 2007. That means you guys in the USA will have to spell like what we do too!!! Maz

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 5:23 PM

We never accepted the metric system...I'm betting getting the U.S. to accept standardized spelling as directed by Europe will be just as hard.

Norbert ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2003 at 12:06 AM

But I don't WANT to smell like you!! -- ;) If that "standardized" spelling actually did catch on in the U.S., I don't think the people in Mississippi are gonna like it.

ronstuff ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2003 at 10:03 AM

If you want to use Poser units to avoid any drift by changing the sacle in P5, just remember the formula for converting PUs into real units is 1 Poser Unit = 8 feet (or 96 inches). Just keep your desktop calculator handy to figure out how to move something by a precise amount in the scene. Soon you will be doing many of the calculations (or good estimates) in your head.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2003 at 12:32 PM

Well you americans already spell funny thanks to Noah Webster's yen for rationali(s/z)ation. At least we ignored George Bernard Shaw when he started issuing dictats.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.