Fri, Sep 20, 2:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: does anybody know why......

brainmuffin ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 1:39 AM ยท edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

file_127725.JPG

Does anybody know why thumbnails show up with the background,(figure1) and sometimes without (figure2)? just curious...

Jacko ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 3:31 AM

Well, it depends on if youve changed the background colour with the "fill-tool" before you took a snapshot of your model or prop. Some artists try to make their snapshots look like the original poser-shots and some include their logo or trademark in the background. The trick I use to make the colour just like the poser interface background is to use the fill tool, klick the background of your scene and move the colour picker over to the poser library (located on the right side of course). Be well ;-) /Jacko

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 8:10 AM

Make sure you're running in 32 Bit graphics mode when you store items to the library, then they appear without a background. -JH.

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 8:58 AM

I'm in bad need of a new computer. Mine doesn't even have 32-bit, it only goes as high as 24-bit. :( Melanie

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 12:46 PM

::Buys Melanie a new computer:: -DA

Jackbox ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 1:28 PM

to melanie: or change yr desktop size(640 x 480 32bit=1228000b in mem, i hvn't seen any display card wz under 2M memery for long time) if yr card didn't meet tis, U sd change it.

Jaager ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 5:22 PM

Melanie, I believe that the screen resolution is a function of your graphics card, not the computer itself. You should be able to upgrade the card. As best as I can determine, the sexy new 3D graghics cards do not really effect the speed of what we do - it is the CPU speed that most effects render times. If you have an old graphics card, you may be able to increase the speed of your monitor display as well as the color resolution with a new one. There are others who know, but I am guessing that you can get what you need for<$50.

brainmuffin ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 5:38 PM

Jaager, The "sexy new cards" do speed up a few things... Preview speed, for instance. Motion in Full Tracking mode in poser will go faster, And when you render to current display settings rather than full render.... this is very helpful when animating, because the faster you know if your motion looks good, the sooner you can run a full render.

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 8:04 PM

Actually, I'm really in need of a whole new computer. In order to upgrade to more of everything, it would probably cost me more than buying a new computer. I'm in need of memory, graphics card, Pentium (mine's a Cyrix), writable CD ROM, bigger hard drive, etc. The poor thing gets by, but I really need a whole lot more. Everyday, I'm more seriously looking toward a new machine. Melanie

brainmuffin ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2000 at 10:25 PM

Melanie, If you can do the installation yourself, upgrading your machine is really the cheaper choice.

Viomar ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2000 at 9:03 PM

One other way to make real nice Pix in your library is to render your prop or figure, save pic(Export function). Then, 'Import your pix as Background, Move your camera so your stuff is out of the view. Finally save your figure or prop. Voila!! On your cpu subject: There are a lot of CPU stores that will custom-fit you a nice machine package for under 800$$(can)!! I personnaly own a Compaq & IBM: They're dependable, but costly!) My next one will be a Clone with my choosen components... And if your on a "Really" tight budget: Consider leasing one(My sister is very happy with that arrangment!) From an "Old Jerk" ;-) Marc

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.