Sun, Sep 22, 3:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Real Eyes....

maga ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2000 at 3:44 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:48 AM

any short lesson on how ro use them.......changing their color and so on......Thanx

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2000 at 4:48 AM

There are a number of texture maps included in bushi's RealEyes P4NF, along with the necessary BUM maps. Texture and bump maps are only applied to the cornea - don't apply them to the whites or the pupil otherwise it'll look very strange. (Make sure that "apply to whole figure" is not selected.) You can change their colour by altering Hue and Saturation in an art-package (Photoshop and Paintshop can both do this). Or you can use the template supplied to create an entirely new and original texture. Or you can use photographs, or George Deep's excellent texture pack from Free Stuff, and paste over the top of the existing texture. Paul

maga ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2000 at 6:20 AM

How do I change jpg files to bum. as required? and how do I apply them? When I select the eye it seems that I can't go to the textures window....

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2000 at 6:58 AM

Poser should change the JPG to a BUM map automatically when you apply it as a bump map. They're applied in the bump channel of the textures window. There is no reason you should not be able to access the textures window (surface materials) - could you provide me with a little more detail on what you're doing? Paul

maga ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2000 at 7:22 AM

I try to explain. I create a character female, and it comes up with the real eyes. I switch the head camera on, and then I click on 1 eye to highlight it. Then I go to bottom of the screen and click on the last little ball on the right (the one for textures) and nothing happens. I tried on the render menu, but when I open materials, it is the body that's selected and not the eyes.....I hope I've made myself understood, english is not my mother tongue...:))))

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2000 at 8:14 AM

Aha, okay. What the little balls do is change the settings in the window, wireframe, flat-shaded, fully textured etc. - not change the actual texture map. Go into the render menu, where P4NF is selected. Click on the little arrow and that will open up a drop-down menu. In there will be RERight and RELeft, these are the RealEyes. Select one of them, and you'll now be able to access the materials and apply texture maps. Hope this helps Paul

maga ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2000 at 9:04 AM

Thanks a lot Paul! I will try this evening.

Virus ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2000 at 1:20 PM

There is a set of other Natural eyes with Morph Targets at the Propsguild site, under characters. You can use cat eye's style or open and close the pupils, plus they has some textures maps as well.

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.