Fri, Sep 20, 4:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: V3 MATS

JVona@rcn.com ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 8:16 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 4:39 AM

I am having problems applying body MATS to V3. The face MATS apply ok but the body MATS won't go. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 9:36 PM

Make sure that you have the newest newest updates for all packs installed. make sure that if your applying a mat that requires a specific pack that you have that installed. some require body morph pack, some require male pack because of the included features even though it may not be male in nature. if your having a problem, email Daz and get support, they are very helpful. your question is a bit vauge as to what package your having problems with, is it 3rd party, daz related, did you move files, poser 5, poser4, propack related etc.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 10:38 PM

The mats should be fine. Some mats are for highlights and not maps. Be sure to check to see if you are truely using the MAT you intend to use. That might be the problem.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 1:21 AM

Also be sure you have selected the BODY part before applying MATs

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 5:42 AM

Just as an experiment, I just gave this another shot myself, hoping that my recent Mac OS upgrade to Jaguar would have fixed the problems that I had before with these MATs....but no luck, Poser 4 still asks endlessly for files that weren't provided (usually, but not always, with letters like 'CH' in them). I have the HiLiteContour maps, BTW. I've had them for months, but still cannot use the MATs......

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 5:54 AM

And the MalePak MATs still ask for gibberish file names, too. Have been waiting months now for that Mac file path name fix :( I guess I've kind of given up at this point. I check the product pages every so often, but haven't seen any sign of it yet.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 6:19 AM

Patricia, CH refers to highlight and contour. I don't think the problem is with your V3 download. The problem is with your texture pack download I believe. I think somehow you have MATs from a beta version never released. If you can post the exact name of the texture it is looking for and the exact name of the MAT then that would help....or... Try emailing Daz for a fresh download.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Simderella ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 7:07 AM

are you using v3/v2 ? if so she is a hybrid with V3's head V2's body... and V3 body textures will only work on her head.... she takes V2 textures... If its a proper V3, make sure you applied V3 textures.. Sounds very obvious, but mught be worth checking

My Gallery

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 12:22 PM

I'm using V3 with the service releases installed...still haven't used V3/V2. Here are the names of the Textures that came with Vicki3's maps: V3BodyBHi.bum V3MakeUp V3HeadM2HCHi.jpg V3BodyMHCHi.jpg V3HeadMHCHi.bum V3HeadBHi.bum V3HeadMHCHi.jpg V3TeethBHi.jpg V3BodyBHi.jpg V3EyeMBrownHCHi.jpg V3EyeMBlueHCHi.jpg V3EyeMGreenHCHi.jpg V3EyeMBrownDkHCHi.jpg V3TeethMHi.jpg V3TrHi.jpg V3BodyMHCHi.bum V3HeadM2HCHi.bum V3EyeMBlueDkHCHi.jpg V3EyeBHi.jpg V3HeadBHi.jpg V3TranMale1.jpg V3EyeMaleBlue.jpg V3BodyMale1.jpg V3EyeMaleGreen.jpg V3BodyMale1B.bum Imp In Progress V3BodyMale1B.jpg V3EyeMaleBrown.jpg V3HeadMale1B.jpg V3HeadMale1B.bum V3TeethMale1.jpg V3HeadMale1.jpg MilWom V3Maps V3MapsMale I may as well try another email to tech support on the file path name problem, tho it's beginning to seem like a lost cause, and I can ask for a new DL of the V3 maps at the same time. Thank you for responding, Anton, since I've felt abandoned by DAZ concerning these Mac difficulties...and DAZ had previously been my nominee for best tech support of all in the Poser community.

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 12:29 PM

BTW...I apologize for the formatting of the file names above. I'm using a new browser called Safari and it disregards spacing and paragraph breaks and I haven't figured out how to make it honor them :P But is it FAST !

Dinfusion ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 6:05 PM

Attached Link: http://store.daz3d.com/catalog/product.php?pidx=2148

Hi Patricia,

Many of the problems you are describing were rectified by an update that was made available on 03/21/03. The link for the update is provided on the Male Morph Pak product page. You will find it at the bottom in the Updates section. Also, we apologize if your email to tech@daz3d.com was lost in the shuffle as we added to our technical support staff. -- i.e. Ryan was slackin big time ;)

Allen Renfeldt
DAZ Technical Support
tech@daz3d.com

RaVan ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 7:10 PM

Hey! I resemble that remark! :0 ;) Thanks Allen, you win the prize on this one. (He was so nice when he started here...) As to the problem in the very first post, I would have to agree with Simderella. It sounds a lot like the textures for Victoria 3 are being applied to the "Vicky 3 to Vicly 2" figure instead of the "Victoria 3" figure, at the bottom of the DAZ People category. Thanks again, and feel free to keep emailing if you've got problems you need help with. We are very much here for you. Ryan www.daz3d.com

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 10:46 PM

Allen and Ryan, thank you--I just DLed the MalePak fix. Anton seemed to think that a fresh new DL of the HiLiteContour Textures might make those missing files appear at long last....I'll email you about it this evening. I can't believe that I'm finally going to be able to use these textures :)

Dinfusion ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 9:48 AM

Hey Ryan,

You know I've got nuthin but love for you bro.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.