Sat, Sep 21, 2:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP- ...Suggestions

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 3:32 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 9:22 AM

file_53841.jpg

Rendered this a couple days ago and it's far from done. I did some post work, yet it's missing....something. Probably going to drop a castle,mountain or wooded backdrop in. Might darken and blur a few areas. Any suggestions or fresh ideas? (im havin a gray matter short circuit).

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 3:58 PM

Dang...NICE render. Maybe some structure on fire in the background. Seems this person is almost sadly remembering something via that piece of cloth. Post battle blues. Still, great work. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

antevark ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 7:28 PM

massacre in the background!!

antevark ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 7:29 PM

actually, im kinda serious, it needs a finished battle....

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 7:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Nice Work!!!! Needs a Horse! The Bryster

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 9:00 PM

A lovely image ICM and she does look kind of forlorn and full of memories or regrets I like AgentSmith's idea, misty memories blowing away with the smoke. That would be very dramatic. Catlin

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 11:01 PM

Dead bodies laying everywhere that is what is missing.

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 12:31 AM

charred ruins...smoke...that would be good.:)

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 2:03 AM

yes, dead bodies and a horse.

Doublecrash ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 6:45 AM

I agree with catlin. Something on fire, but not overdo it, otherwise you risk to divert the attention from her.

runwolf13 ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 8:00 AM

Wow... I hate to disagree with everyone, but when I saw the picture I didn't see post battle blues, I saw pre battle determination. It looks to me like the warrior is releasing the ribbon, as if releasing that last bit of whatever they held dear before going into battle. The story that popped into my head was that this warrior lost whoever the ribbon belonged to... a lover or relative... and is about to enact revenge. The blood hasn't happened yet, but the savage violence is inevitable. So I wouldn't change a thing, I see it as the calm before a very bloody and vengeful storm.

robt ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 12:37 PM

I think, maybe zoom out a little, and pan right a touch so her horse can be seen waiting patiently as a rock, windswept yet immovable until commanded.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 4:42 PM

runwolf's description fits the image too. I guess it just depends on what you want to portray ICM. It is a striking image though as it is. Catlin

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 7:24 PM

Thanks everyone For all your great suggestions, I'm going to hold off and post it as is.

Claymor ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 11:49 PM

The only thing I might suggest, and yes I know it may be too late, is focusing her eyes on the cloth. I sometimes find that a little thing like that can make a big difference in the feeling of a scene.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.