Sat, Sep 21, 11:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: scaling the water plane

nick1 ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2003 at 3:43 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 October 2023 at 5:25 AM

Hi all, I am trying to create a waterfall running over a bolder and into a river. Is there a way to scale the water plane so that it just fits where I need it? Or am I missing something here? Do I just adjust my camera view in order not to see the rest of the water plane? Thanks much, Nick

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2003 at 3:50 AM

I don't know exactly what you mean. You can: 1. post here a sample image of how you want to fall the water 2. have a look in our FAQ and search for tutorials for waterfalls. :-)Guitta guittalogo.GIF

MightyPete ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2003 at 4:17 AM

No you cannot scale the water plain, it's a infinate plain. You have to use terrains to crop it and hide it where you don't want to see it. remember too you can use anything for water also like stretched out terrains or what ever shape size you need.

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2003 at 4:48 AM

Oh I see, I misunderstoud nick's request:-(

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2003 at 11:21 AM

Yeah, just use a regular plane primitive, or as Pete suggested, a terrain, or anything, and texture it with your choice of water material.

nick1 ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 2:48 AM

Thanks everyone for the inputs. Back to Vue again to delete few things. Thanks again, Nick

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.