Sun, Oct 6, 6:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Just started a V3 male texture/char, is there interest in this kind of product?

dalinise ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:13 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:28 AM

file_54461.jpg

Hi, I just started working on a V3 male texture/character and was just wondering if there is any interest in this kind of product and if so, what would you like to see? Above a render of the face and texture that I am working on. Thanks for reading, Dal.

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:17 PM

Definitely! I'd love to have 2 face textures to choose from - one clean shaven, one with a full beard. I wouldn't turn down mustache or goatee textures, either. :) Non-Caucasian textures, male or female, for V3 would be great as well!

SnowSultan ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:18 PM

That looks great so far, excellent job! I'm sure many people will find it very useful, although I do hope that more V3 Male clothes come out so that we can put textures like this to good use. :) Take care. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Stormrage ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:21 PM

ohh very cool

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:29 PM

Definitly a market for quality stuff, and your stuff is all quality. Love the look of the face. I do agree with Crescent, please include one face with no mustache too. There are a couple of minor problems with the skin. A little too brown on the cheek and a small brown mark on the eyelid, but otherwise, perfect. I'm looking forward to seeing the body. Speaking of the body, what I'd really like to see is a treasure trail of body hair from the groin going up to the navel. I haven't seen anything with one all by itself yet and any texture. Neat job! And I have just enough left on a charge card to get it in a couple of weeks!

dalinise ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:31 PM

Aaah those clothes, its a constant problem for me, first with the Goldengirls and the 1/2 century club, then with Betsy! Hint, hint!!! :-)) Crescent, like usual I will make more choices in the pack for male facetextures, shaven, moustache, goatie and so on. Thanks for the feedback!

dalinise ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:36 PM

pdxjims, thanks! I am still working on the face, as you can see at the side of the cheek and neck, so those points will be adressed:-) I am also making two bodytextures, one with bodyhair and one with a smooth upperbody. To bad that with V3 the trail of hair has nothing to lead down to!! :-)))

ablc ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:37 PM

it will be very appreciate too Laurent

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:41 PM

yes, please! i love your work, and i can't wait to see a V3 male. and yeah, i'd love a texture without mustache.

praxis22 ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:55 PM

Is it just me or does he look Russian to anyone else? Nice work tho' later jb

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 2:01 PM

dalinise, You ~could~ make matching textures for Ulf's GPA penis prop (actually a figure) or Digiport's Digigenitals to go with the texture. Then the treasure trail would have something to go down to. This would be a good idea for Mike textures too, since his mesh doesn't really have much in the way of morphing. Hopefully M3 will incorporate the methods Ulf used in his figure. Ulf's figure is available for FREE at www.gayposerart.com, Digigenitals is $20 at BBay.

dalinise ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 2:19 PM

Thanks again pdxjims! I will look into that! Do you have any experience in using Ulf's prop? Does it work easy?

queri ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 2:34 PM

This looks wonderful, very very interested, Great eyes! Emily

dalinise ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 2:35 PM

file_54462.jpg

btw, another render without the moustache:-)

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 2:41 PM

dalinise, It's not conforming, so you have to place and parent it, but otherwise it's really easy to use. Nice and interesting morphs too. I have a version of Mike that I reworked (for my own use) that replaces his genitals with Ulf's prop. It works pretty well, but I lost the morphs (working on that now). Sizing can be an issue too. I've found that sizing first, before you place and parent works best for me. The only other problem with it is getting the texture on the prop to match the texture on the figure when posing. This is more because we've been jury rigging textures for it than a problem with the prop. A little pubic hair at the base of the prop pretty much corrects the problem. Thanks for considering it! It'd be great to have a matching texture for it with the V3 set. BTW, He looks like an Ilian to me. Vaguely Russian... terribly sexy (grin).

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 8:23 PM

Treasure Trail, uh ??? LOL... That's the first time I've heard that one...I'll try it out on my wife tonight....OH.... Looks like (another) fabulous texture, dalinise :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 8:45 PM

Oh!!! Definately a treasure trail. Gotta be one of the sexiest things on a man.

Patricia ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 11:08 PM

Beautiful texture...Daz finally got my V3 Male pak to work on my Macintosh and I can finally go nuts collecting stuff to use with him. But there isn't all that much, I'm finding....So I was thrilled to see your WIP :)

Chailynne ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 11:13 PM

Ulf's prop is really nice. And as pdxjim's pointed out, the only real problem is trying to match the texture on it to the skin texture you're using. As for posing and such, it looks and moves more realistic than anything else around. Very nice texture Dal. I like using V3 for males now more than Mike... it looks more realistic to me. ;)

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 11:17 PM

Looks great. And yeah, a happy trail would be nice ;o). Laurie

Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 8:26 AM

It looks very nice! Although I'll probably buy it anyway, I'd like to see versatility: hairy/smooth, older/younger, heavy/thin, etc. And a null character that works with the male morph pack. Thanks for asking :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 8:37 AM

One question: are those facial highlights on the map or are they a product of the lights? I guess what I mean is that if they are on the map, that wouldn't be exactly where I would want them. I'd want them to be there according the the lighting if you know what I mean. Hope that makes sense. Haven't had coffee yet...LOL. Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.