Fri, Sep 20, 3:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: poser textures

simovia ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2003 at 7:12 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:52 AM

Hi, I'm sorry but I've bought Poser but I don't know how to use it. Do you know how can I use downloaded textures? I'd like to apply to poser 4 or 5 figures downloaded textures but I don't found the way to do it

cruzan ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2003 at 8:05 AM

Do you have poser 5 or poser 4? If you have Poser 5 then check out Chapter 13 of the book as it has pictures to show you what to do. If you are using Poser 4 let us know and you can be walked through steps or a tutorial pointed out to you. The version of poser you are using really really makes a difference as the textures are handled differently.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2003 at 8:42 AM

if you install the folders propers some come with Pose files called MAT The MAT files are in the a folder in your pose libary if the creator made any. Just select the right figure and double click the MAT file and the texture will aplly itself. But that is only if the creator amde MAT files to go with the textures.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

queri ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2003 at 3:07 PM

Are you referring to free textures downloaded? There is a diagram --- somewhere-- hopefully in the FAQs that shows where everything goes. Lots of freebies don't have paths in the zip, and sometimes the paths are incorrect. All zip paths should start with Runtime. Along with their matching rsr's for P4 or pngs for P5, cr2's go in runtime/libraries/character. pz2 runtime/libraries/pose fc2 runtime/libraries/face-- expression for P5. pp2 runtime/libraries/props lt2 " " /lights cm2 " " /camera obj [generally] runtime/geometries/[the folder it goes in is determined by the cr2, the freebie should tell you what the folder should be] do not rename this folder, the others can be renamed and changed. jpg and other textures go in the texture file or whereever you want, keep the original foldernames of these because any MAT file will be looking for that. Does this help at all? Emily

queri ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2003 at 3:09 PM

Sorry that should be texture folder, usually found in runtime but it can be stored anywhere. Generally this is your biggest folder because of the resolution of the textures. Emily

FirstBlueMoon ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2003 at 6:24 PM

Emily, you are a GENIUS!!! I'm glad I continued to look through the questions...I asked mine earlier but your response to simovia answered it perfectly! I saved it for reference, thanks!

123mez ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2003 at 7:12 PM

Emily, I must say you clarified a lot of thing Ive been wondering about. Now I know what all those extensions are. Thanks

queri ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2003 at 8:38 PM

Gee, Gosh , thanks-- I wasn't a genius until I'd put all my stuff away wrong, twice! Not a genius now.:)) Very glad to have helped. Emily

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.