Sat, Sep 21, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Does anyone know of a program to convert mac poser files to PC files?

The Wraith ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2000 at 7:35 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

anybody?

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2000 at 7:39 PM

I dont - but the only difference is zip files. Use Aladdin zip utility to decompress the files. (Poser and bryce files are universal between mac and PC)

The Wraith ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2000 at 7:47 PM

Thanks alot. I'll try that

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2000 at 7:54 PM

no problem. -Matt

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2000 at 8:33 PM

Actually the mac users can do it pre-zipping ... They just have to use macconverter by Martin C to go the other way .. When I zip stuff I try to do that since I am one of those Mac users. You can also go to a text editing thing and change the type .. not sure how that works.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2000 at 8:56 PM

Hey Ghost, Can you make zip files on your Mac? If so, what do you use to do it? I can open zip files with Stuffit Expander, but haven't figured out how to make anything but sit files.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2000 at 9:36 PM

Diane ... Yep, found it a little while ago .. free demo though it expires after 15 uses or so suppossedly ... I just keep on deleting it when I am done with it since it is annoying with as many things as I download from here. http://www.maczipit.com/

Wynter ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2000 at 9:38 PM

There is ZipIt for Mac. Link: http://www.maczipit.com/ Here is the info the page: What is ZipIt? ZipIt is a Macintosh program that zips and unzips archives in a format fully compatible with PKZip for the IBM and zip implementations on other systems. ZipIt is a Macintosh program ZipIt features a complete Macintosh interface, based on the interface provided by Bill Goodman's Compact Pro. That means that, if you can use Compact Pro, you can already use ZipIt. If you are new to the Macintosh, ZipIt's interface should still be easy to figure out; but it also comes with an extensive manual that explains how to use all of its features. Zip archives A zip archive is any file that ends with the extension '.zip'. The zip format is popular on the IBM, and is widely used as an interplatform compression format. In addition, ZipIt can compress Macintosh applications and documents without losing any of their data. ZipIt is best used when transferring compressed documents to and from other computer types. Some examples are: text files, TIFF pictures, Excel databases, and QWK message packets, to name just a very few. Note that files that end in '.Z' or '.gz' are not ZipIt files, even though Netscape may give them a ZipIt icon. ZipIt is fully compatible with all versions of PKZip on the IBM, Info-ZIP on Unix, and zip implementations on other platforms. Shareware ZipIt is $15 shareware. You are encouraged to try it out before paying. All features are available in the unregistered version, with the exception, due to US export laws, of encryption. Once you register, you will receive a password that will cause the seven-second registration screen to stop appearing. In addition, if you register from the United States or Canada, your password will enable the encryption capabilities of ZipIt.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2000 at 10:52 PM

Thanks Ghost and Wynter! I figured there must be something out there. Just hadn't been able to find it yet.

Geekholder ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2000 at 1:07 AM

Yes, ZipIt is good. There is also Aladdin DropZip, though it costs $30 to register. Personally I use ZipIt.

dzarts ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2000 at 1:29 AM

The Stuffit Deluxe 5.5 does .zip files, and .exe as well for Windows. But it can't unzip .exe files, unfortunatelly... and the Poser MacConverter on the freestuff makes for the pc/mac poser problems, like the .rsr files that doesn't exist on mac. I just want to know how to do .pcf ...

MartinC ( ) posted Thu, 08 June 2000 at 3:19 PM

dzarts, you can create .pcf files on Mac with Maconverter as well - please read the enclosed expert manual for details. StuffIt Expander is able to expand self-extracting .zip files as long as they contain a normal .zip archive plus extracting code - just drag it onto the icon. It only fails with "real" installers like the ones from Zygote.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.