Thu, Sep 19, 6:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: High resolution renders

jasonmit ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 6:13 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:54 PM

I've been making 30"x24" posters of some of my Bryce creations. To print at 300 dpi, I need a resolution of 9000x7200. I can do this if I render to disk, but then that ties up my PC during a very long render. I thought I'd do a Document Setup with a resolution of 9000x7200 and then send the .br5 file to a render farm, but the Document Setup dialog won't allow me to input a resolution that high. It keeps changing my 9000 to 4000. Any ideas?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 6:34 PM

You cannot go that high with a "document setup", it will only go as high as 4000x2000. Anything else has to be rendered to disk. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Innovator ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 6:35 PM

which render farm? Some might allow for poster sizes I like renderblender.com, but Im not sure about the max rez

jasonmit ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 6:59 PM

I was looking at renderblender. But wouldn't they need the .br5 file at the correct resolution?

kromekat ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 7:03 PM

www.renderblender.com? - what has that site got to do with render farms??

Adam Benton | www.kromekat.com

jasonmit ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 7:13 PM

I was looking at renderblender.net actually.

kromekat ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 7:15 PM

Ah - now that's more like it! :)

Innovator ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 5:42 AM

oops, my bad guys, I meant .net...sorry for any confusion

kromekat ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 6:29 AM

I emailed them at renderblender - at this time they can only use the 'document setup' set sizes, so no render to disk, very large res files can be renderfarmed.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 6:35 AM

Bummer...

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

kromekat ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 7:17 AM

Aye! :/

jasonmit ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 12:34 PM

Thanks, kromekat. I guess I'll have to buy a PC dedicated to rendering.

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 3:37 PM

You can e-mail renderblenders usersupport to arrange a special setting. I've asked them once about merging files and rendering to disk. They answered that the renderfarm operated fully automatic, but that they could do the input manually for rendering to disk and merging scenes if neccesary.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

bulldawg66 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 4:51 PM

My partner has worked in graphics for quite some time. So he has gotten me in the habit of rendering things at 300 dpi and as a TIF in case I ever want to have them printed off. I don't even pretend to understand how everything works when it comes to these new digital presses, however, I usually render at a resolution of 3300x2200. This would make the initial print out no bigger than 8-1/2 x 11. However, the size for the print out is easily adjusted using photoshop, and he recommends that you have the file sent to the print controller in RGB mode as the color conversion to CMYK is more appropriately handled by the print controller than by the computer you are rendering or utilizing photoshop on (the colors tend to appear closer to the RGB values once printed so they don't appear so washed out by the end of the process). If you think that adjusting the image size after rendering the picture, it doesn't. We have had a number of the pieces I have worked on enlarged for the offices of friends. They cover complete walls and there was no degradation in the appearance after printing. It certainly takes longer to render this way than as a JPG, but in the long run it might save some time and disk space. Doug

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.